Joining a riding group on Bkool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Liam, you may find your the accurate power of the NEO at a disadvantage in bkool races given most use a bkool pro or classic. There is an unfathomable inter relationship between the bsim software and their turbo's that disadvantages other turbo users. There is less of a disadvantage in the mountain rides but it is still there. That aside you will find most, sorry, some, of the other rides here friendly if a little odd^_^ and rather defensive of their little pro's and classic's.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Liam, you may find your the accurate power of the NEO at a disadvantage in bkool races given most use a bkool pro or classic. There is an unfathomable inter relationship between the bsim software and their turbo's that disadvantages other turbo users. There is less of a disadvantage in the mountain rides but it is still there. That aside you will find most, sorry, some, of the other rides here friendly if a little odd^_^ and rather defensive of their little pro's and classic's.
My classic is kicking my arse on Bigring VR. Almost irl rides due to the quality of the vids and the life like speeds it generates for my power to weight. The bkool classic still generates optimistic power figures but BRVR reigns it back in with a more realistic algorithm for speed :cry:.

LiamW

Well I'm giving myself a few weeks before I decide which simulator I go for. I like zwift but it's limited imo and that kind of lets it down. I've had a look at bkool and it's not as refined as zwift but it offers more long term I think ride wise. But i'll have a nosey round and see how I get on.

Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Well I'm giving myself a few weeks before I decide which simulator I go for. I like zwift but it's limited imo and that kind of lets it down. I've had a look at bkool and it's not as refined as zwift but it offers more long term I think ride wise. But i'll have a nosey round and see how I get on.

Thanks for the advise.
Also try BigRingVR super crisp HD video and free, I do some of the rides as I have a Neo as well, there are some real beats on it. also read the posts the developer posts on there if you have any questions so support is spot on and there all ways adding new features

LiamW

Also try BigRingVR super crisp HD video and free, I do some of the rides as I have a Neo as well, there are some real beats on it. also read the posts the developer posts on there if you have any questions so support is spot on and there all ways adding new features
Yeah, I've had a tinkle on BigRing, problem there is that I need to set aside a few hours for some of those routes. :smile:

CXRAndy

Guru

Thanks for the advice.

My list of pluses and minuses for both Zwift and Bkool

Bkool pluses
has many routes,
has racing leagues
, training platform.

Downside,
poor UI- compared to Zwift
lots of glitches, loss of rides
poor video quality
the dreaded 'dead stop'
disadvantaged non Bkool trainers
Routes, lots of duplicates
Non existent customer back up.
No dedicated social platform- apart from cyclechat of course(plus aswell)

Zwift pluses
Silky smooth graphics
equal performance on virtually all smart trainers
lots of races every hour
training platform
always someone to ride with
very realistic road like experience/
correct power
huge social element.
reliable UI saves rides always

Downsides,
limited routes(plus you can quickly see new PB because you're riding on similar routes often)
Not reliable with Bkool trainers(varied performance)

keithaitch

Veteran
Hi, i too have asked to join both the chaingang and the mountain goats, do i need to do anything or do I just show up tomorrow at 19:00, 20:00 my time and start riding? Also as I have only used bkool on my own, or with ghosts up to now, is there chat in which case i suppose i need to change my settings. Many thx look forward to riding with you guys.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Hi, i too have asked to join both the chaingang and the mountain goats, do i need to do anything or do I just show up tomorrow at 19:00, 20:00 my time and start riding? Also as I have only used bkool on my own, or with ghosts up to now, is there chat in which case i suppose i need to change my settings. Many thx look forward to riding with you guys.
Hi @keithaitch , sorry only just seen this. The main meeting place for riders on Bkool is on the Team Bkool CycleChat. Come over to that thread and join in the fun :okay:

Races are normally 7pm (UK time) Thursdays and a re-run 5pm (UK time) Saturdays. Rides are normally started by Bill but sometimes others - check the main thread on race day to confirm who will be the leader and which stage we'll be doing.

Yep, once you're in the league just turn up and join the race. For stages already completed you can challenge previous riders to get a score in the league.

Good luck.

p.s. you're in the Chain Gang league :okay:

keithaitch

Veteran
Hi @keithaitch , sorry only just seen this. The main meeting place for riders on Bkool is on the Team Bkool CycleChat. Come over to that thread and join in the fun :okay:

Races are normally 7pm (UK time) Thursdays and a re-run 5pm (UK time) Saturdays. Rides are normally started by Bill but sometimes others - check the main thread on race day to confirm who will be the leader and which stage we'll be doing.

Yep, once you're in the league just turn up and join the race. For stages already completed you can challenge previous riders to get a score in the league.

Good luck.

p.s. you're in the Chain Gang league :okay:

Whorty,

Many thxs. I'll challenge somebody and do yesterday's ride today, tomorrow's not possible as I've got "real rides" tomorrow, sunday and Monday ! The weather here is still beautiful for riding, thiough tights have been worn for the first time this week!

Hopefully we'll meet up next Thursday, am I allowrd to strat at 20:00 my time to give me a chance of getting to the finish line about the same time as you guys?:bicycle:

Do I need to contact somebodyelse to get into the mountain goats league as climbing is my real passion!

Thx again for your help.

keithaitch

Veteran
Guys,

I'm new here (to leagues) but have used bkoool on my own for a couple of years. I have joined the chain gang and look forward to riding last nights route later this morning. However as yet it isn't showing up on my simulator even though I've challenged somebody, Jim I think! I'm also in the TdF league and would now like to leave that league. Is there any way to remove yourself from a league, no I need to leave the group and if so how do i do that. Many thx in advance and look forward to meeting up in the future. my work bike has just called out that she's ready to brave the streets of barcelona so it must be time to go to work!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Whorty,

Many thxs. I'll challenge somebody and do yesterday's ride today, tomorrow's not possible as I've got "real rides" tomorrow, sunday and Monday ! The weather here is still beautiful for riding, thiough tights have been worn for the first time this week!

Hopefully we'll meet up next Thursday, am I allowrd to strat at 20:00 my time to give me a chance of getting to the finish line about the same time as you guys?:bicycle:

Do I need to contact somebodyelse to get into the mountain goats league as climbing is my real passion!

Thx again for your help.
The mountain goats league is not active yet. We normally kick this off during winter only once peeps have started riding outside less. Join us in the main bkool cyclechat forum and you'll find out when it starts up.

simonsch

I have just requested to join the "mountain goats" and "chain gang" groups... are these currently active?

Having tried and failed to get my BKool Classic running Zwift, aiming for the nearest experience here. (I usually use BKool just to do Cols in video mode).

CXRAndy

Guru
I have just requested to join the "mountain goats" and "chain gang" groups... are these currently active?

Having tried and failed to get my BKool Classic running Zwift, aiming for the nearest experience here. (I usually use BKool just to do Cols in video mode).

Chaingang is active,. Bill will accept your request to join shortly

Top Bottom