Jumping red lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
yes they do

as do blind binds

all relative and dependant on definition

as a man on seems to enjoy those things you'll understand that

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
yes they do

as do blind binds

all relative and dependant on definition

as a man on seems to enjoy those things you'll understand that
In some eyes everything is a hazard. I would say that if a crossing is clear and so are the streets on either side then there is no hazard. Slowing at an empty crossing could be said to be a greater hazard.

Dan B

Disengaged member
In some eyes everything is a hazard. I would say that if a crossing is clear and so are the streets on either side then there is no hazard. Slowing at an empty crossing could be said to be a greater hazard.
Yes. Now let's look at what Twigman said
If you slowed down for every group of people waiting at a pelican crossing for the green man you'd not only get nowhere fast (London's pavements are full of people) but you'd also likely cause accidents in the traffic behind you - motorists in London tend to expect to be able run at a constant speed green light after green light, slowing down at every crossing is just going to cause a concertina effect in the traffic and someone will overbrake and there'll be a rump crunch accident.
If we're now talking about empty crossings then I agree with you, but I missed the bit where we changed the subject

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
But what if noone like that is there? ped crossings should be like temporary traffic lights - when the lights sense repetitive flashing lights, they automatically think that it is an emergency vehicle, and change quicker, even though you are just flashing your own lights.

Ped crossings should have some sort of senser so it can tell when people have safely crossed.

Unfortunately you have to assume that someone 'like that' is there. Crossings are not smart enough to pick up the change of type of person. Now if they could recognise the pace at which we cross then that would be OK too
biggrin.gif

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride

Do driving regs stick expect you to slow a traffic lights even when on green to enable you to look for signs of danger. ie RLJs? Is this not similar in principal?

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
Please don't feed the trolls. It only encourages them.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 29

Dan B

Disengaged member
Take a look back through the last several posts, you will see RL asking if I would slow at a crossing.
Can't find that one, all I see is the post where I ask Twigman whether an advanced driving instructor would. I didn't specify full or empty, although if he's still reading this i'd like to clarify that I was still talking about crossings with pedestrians waiting

If the lights are green then yes.

You are a dangerous moron, if that is the buzzword of this thread. A protection officer may be technically the best driver you know, but he is not necessarily the best actual driver.

Now, I've been using the trolling dark art of sarcasm on here, whilst I don't go through red lights everyone is free to do as he or she wishes based on their own personal experience.

What we now have is you defending a dangerous thug of a motorcyclist who thinks it is aright to mow down people in front of them.

As for cars, you stick with your Audi's - I know what myself and Topgear think of the aggressive nature of their drivers, I'll stick with my fuel efficient Skoda.

And if you feel the need to prove yourself after going on about poor RLJ'ers legs do you want to come and give me a race.

I feel for people like you who our education system has failed.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
[QUOTE 1502624"]
LOL, the irony. I suggest you look at your first few posts in this thread before you start slagging off other people. As for a race? I would do but the thought of going up to Warrington whose only claim to fame is that half the people speak Scouse and the other half Manc does not appeal.
[/quote]
:biggrin: Don't feed the :troll: s

Top Bottom