Just a simple little bell...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a bell but prefer to use the voice in a polite way as it is more effective but when I get a new bike I will be looking for a loud warning device, maybe something that works from batterys rather than air.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Bells are in. Im after a proper classic two hammer sounding bell. Not to big, if any one can recommend one please ?

al78

Guru
Perhaps the people that say they are useless are not riding on shared use paths, where a bell is handy. On the road, a bell is pretty much useless.

I only rarely use shared paths, but when I do, I just wait behind any peds until it is safe to overtake, in the same way that motorists wait behind me on the road before overtaking.

If the pedestrians notice me and then move over for me, I'll thank them as I pass.

Reactions: gaz

PpPete

Legendary Member
Of course it don't work with headphone users but there are better ways of dealing with them.
such as ringing a bell. :thumbsup:

Nah!
This is more along the lines of what I was thinking ....
firingsquad.jpg

^_^

Reading this post this morning I very nearly bought one of the horn ones inASDA this afternoon - for my roadie - then said half out loud "nah, just wrong on so many levels"
I'll stick to my bell.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
When approaching female peds resort to Leslie Phillips' quote (The Navy lark), but only effective if said with same feeling - "Ding Ding"
Surely Sub Lt Phillips said " Ding Dong" ?

Top Bottom