Just bought some new winter tights.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
I have finally bit the bullet and just bought a pair of Assos winter bib tights. :sad:

And yes while they are very, very nice, and yes they fit truly amazing and yes the cut of the material is superb, but hells teeth, what a price to pay!!!!

Never, ever in a month of Sundays are they worth it....or are they?

Trouble is, now I'm to scared to use them in case they get dirty. :biggrin:

lukesdad

Wish I could justify spending all that dosh on apair of tights, or is that me just being one half of a pair of tights:biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
I got some assos shorts slightly second hand in the summer and fell off the bike on the first day I wore, them, all of ten miles into the Dun Run and tore a small hole in the seat, tsk

they've been lovely since then though

expensive things are usually worth it as long as you can afford it bt I don't think you need that top end gear for commuting

SimonC

Tynan said:
I got some assos shorts slightly second hand in the summer and fell off the bike on the first day I wore, them, all of ten miles into the Dun Run and tore a small hole in the seat, tsk

they've been lovely since then though

expensive things are usually worth it as long as you can afford it bt I don't think you need that top end gear for commuting

WTF has "need" got to do with it???:biggrin:

D

Deleted member 1258

potsy said:
Thinking of getting some of those too Dave,what's the sizing like?
I'm 36" waist was thinking large would do.

Your right on the border between large and xl. I am 35 waist and theres plenty of room in them, so you should get away with large, what leg length are you? they are long legged, 32" with the large ones. A bit long for my 29" legs, but not a problem.

potsy

Rambler
dave r said:
Your right on the border between large and xl. I am 35 waist and theres plenty of room in them, so you should get away with large, what leg length are you? they are long legged, 32" with the large ones. A bit long for my 29" legs, but not a problem.
29 leg also,have got the bikesters in large and they too are 32ish leg but are fine,fit is quite loose on me.
Hoping I'll be a 34" waist soon:smile:

D

Deleted member 1258

potsy said:
29 leg also,have got the bikesters in large and they too are 32ish leg but are fine,fit is quite loose on me.
Hoping I'll be a 34" waist soon:smile:

If you are going to be 34 waist soon then go for the large, did you have the same problem as I did, found that the bikesters had disappeared and had to find something else?

potsy

Rambler
dave r said:
If you are going to be 34 waist soon then go for the large, did you have the same problem as I did, found that the bikesters had disappeared and had to find something else?
yeah noticed on here bikesters seem to be no more,have got 2 pairs(1 normal, 1 dxb) so no rush to get anything else just yet.
Found out today the dxb's are NOT waterproof,ok in light rain but got caught in a massive shower and was soaked in 2 or 3 mins.
Cheers Dave.

Top Bottom