Just curious about other cyclists speeds!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I can cycle my 7 mile commute at 19+ mph average if I choose to push on a bit but I’m nowhere close to your 68 mph top speed! What gearing do you have to achieve that speed?
I think you need to slow down, ride with other cyclists and make it interesting again.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Pretty sure I once hit Mach 2, although it was downhill so I'm not sure if that counts. I might have gone a bit quicker but I was on my Raleigh Chopper, rolling a fag, and the girlfriend was riding pillion and fiddling with my loose change, so I was a bit distracted.

Also doesn't count if it only happened in one of your more normal fantasies

lane

Veteran
I'm slower tham your stated speeds but don't read too much into that I am slower than lots and lots of other people as well. Your stated speed of 68mph due to being held up by traffic is a lot fadster than I have ever travelled on a bike.

F739BB5D-8975-4329-8B90-E1B26F7CA587.jpeg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Pretty sure I once hit Mach 2, although it was downhill so I'm not sure if that counts. I might have gone a bit quicker but I was on my Raleigh Chopper, rolling a fag, and the girlfriend was riding pillion and fiddling with my loose change, so I was a bit distracted.

The problem of course is that you reach pedestrians before they hear your bell.

dodgy

Repeated use of the word 'communt*' suggests a troll.

I'm another one who spins out at just over 50 mph.
I've only reached 55 mph on a couple of hills.
But I've yet to find a long and steep enough hill that I trust enough to try to go faster.

YMMV ........... :biggrin:

Just found a faster ride on my strava: 84.3mph. I try not to do it very often but have been known to accidentally execute the Picard Manouevre on the roads around here. It confounds motorists so much that they moan about me being two abreast but in reality it's just an optical illusion caused by me travelling faster than light

Top Bottom