Just curious about other cyclists speeds!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Or a communist.

Well if you travel fast enough red shift occurs.

The problem of course is that you reach pedestrians before they hear your bell.

6AA00BF7-87AE-43D8-901C-01BA7279CE5E.jpeg

If they miss this they’re thick, or deaf. Deaf people do happen, so do thick people unfortunately.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi, Ive been cycling every single day to work (10-15 miles each way) for over 1 year now, it used to be interesting with many other cyclists riding along and at about the same pace as me.

When I started cycling I was averaging 15mph just like so many other cyclists.

But sadly (or not) it seems like theres no one I can cycle with on a commuting daily basis anymore, everyone is just too slow for me nowadays, no one ever cycle at my pace which is frustrating in some sense.

My average speed is 19.88 mph comunting (this is without sweating at all btw)
My top speed is 68mph on a stretch downhill of my daily comuniting (with traffic) I could go faster without traffic.

Now the purpose of this thread is Id like to ask other cyclists who ride their bikes daily, what is your average speed (without traffic), and what is your fastest speed you ever cycled?

Thanks
Fair do, s to you if your averaging nearly 20mph. I wouldn't be able to keep up with you on my road bike. Over the 3 years of intense cycling my average started of at around 13mph and is now around just over 16. On a good day i can crack 17/18mph but this an exception. These rides are usually based on 20 to 30 mile rides. I do find the harder i try the less i gain, and actually achieve less for some strange reason. Ive now resigned myself to just enjoy my rides rather than smash my strava PRs as im no spring chicken any more. A big kudos from me buddy

classic33

Leg End Member
I can cycle my 7 mile commute at 19+ mph average if I choose to push on a bit but I’m nowhere close to your 68 mph top speed! What gearing do you have to achieve that speed?
I think you need to slow down, ride with other cyclists and make it interesting again.
I've a top of just over 229 inches.

classic33

Leg End Member
OP has posted same post on Bikeradar.

Probably best ignored.
No confusion over mph or kph
"... Just wondering and tyring to get an idea of how fast you all cycle! My fastest speed is 112 kms /h in middle of london traffic going downhill. My average commuting speed is 19.88 miles per hour..."

vickster

Legendary Member
Obviously it’s complete B0ll0cks but he needs to slow down from 20mph in Central London too given the number of peds around (hopefully he’s got ample third party indemnity insurance either way)

Top Bottom