Just curious about other cyclists speeds!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OldShep

Über Member
Maybe that top speed is when he’s on the train :laugh:
C6309B9B-D948-4A7E-9AEB-BCCF363B2106.jpeg

snorri

Legendary Member
I overtook a cyclist today, first time in months that has happened, unfortunately I didn't note my speedo reading at the time:sad:.
It's also a long time since any cyclist has overtaken me, but that's more due to the low levels of cycle traffic rather than my sparkling performance on a bike:rolleyes:.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
but I once did 58mph whilst overtaking a Wallace Arnold coach, on a Raleigh Mustang (the old fashioned one, not the "gravel bike")

F-f-f-flipping hell (or words to that effect) I can believe all the weight in those steel wheels would have given you a bit of extra momentum, but I wouldn't want to have to try to stop from that speed, unless I had a spare pair of trousers to change into. Those Mustangs are tough as old boots but they are heavy enough to have their own gravitational field!

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I was asked to test the Titanics torsional rigidity before she set sail.
Towed her up Cragg Vale with flat tyres at 500mph while supping a Guinness.
I wasn't even breaking a sweat.

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, I once cycled so fast I went back in time. By the time I stopped pedalling it was the early 1800s. I claimed I'd invented the bicycle, patented it, made a fortune, had myself cryogenically frozen, and was then defrosted in the present day.

And I still got my fags before the shop closed.

Top Bottom