Just curious about other cyclists speeds!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Gosh you lot are slow! I was going faster than any of you, off road, at an MTB trail centre yesterday.

I think I broke the record for fastest human on a bike, @si_c was there and witnessed it so can vouch for the unbelievable speeds I was doing....

si_c

Guru
Gosh you lot are slow! I was going faster than any of you, off road, at an MTB trail centre yesterday.

I think I broke the record for fastest human on a bike, @si_c was there and witnessed it so can vouch for the unbelievable speeds I was doing....

It's astonishing how fast one can move when one's feet are no longer touching ground or bike....

Once on the A82 climb up from Glen Orchy to Rannoch Moor (before I was too afraid/smart to ride that road), a fighter jet on presumably a low-level training exercise flew overhead and based purely on the noise I thought that was it for me. It predates Strava but I'm pretty sure that I must have averaged 40mph for a few seconds while going uphill.

Last edited:
Once on the A82 climb up from Glen Orchy to Rannoch Moor (before I was too afraid/smart to ride that road), a fighter jet on presumably a low-level training exercise flew overhead and based purely on the noise I thought that was it for me. It predates Strava but I'm pretty sure that I must have averaged 40mph for a few seconds while going uphill.
Had a similar experience, but not on a bike.
Lived in Crantock near Newquay. Eclipse Year, and St Mawgan Air Day. Stood on our flat roof watching the distant Red Arrows , when the westerly outlier, using our isolated white house as a marker, came overhead low enough that he had to jink up sharpish over Pentire Head. Probably quite a surprise for folk in the car park, looking, just as we were, the other way.

Drago

Legendary Member
I once dated Clark Kent.

Drago

Legendary Member
Not sure if I've mentioned this before...

I once put and extra magnet on a work colleagues front wheel, to fool his cycle computer

He thought he was doing twice the speed he actually was, for over a week (before I told him)

:giggle:

I once had a colleague who was mad for tuning g and modifying his car for economy. Every now and again the whole shift would club together for a jerrican of petrol and we'd sneakily top his car up. He was writing to New Scientist and the like to tell them about this wonder economy modification he'd invented.

Top Bottom