Just fitted the ol' cycle computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radius

SHREDDER
Just a Cateye Velo 5, fitted it after I realised you don't need the sticky bits (didn't want it to be a permanent addition). Obviously I had to go out to test it (and me). Decided to find my average speed over 4 miles (I have work to do, couldn't stay out long).
It was 18mph. Thought it would be lower. I hit 26.7 in a sprint (on the flat, might I add).
So, quite pleased with myself, also felt a lot better after adjusting my position , seat much further forward (because for some reason the bike came with a 130mm stem :laugh:).

Someone needs to organise another London ride so I can see how I fare over longer distances (whilst having fun).

:laugh:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
So, your going by 4 miles, to see how good your average is?
I did 68miles today and averaged 18.5, and there was strong headwinds and long hills.
Are you using clipless? You surely should be able to sprint up faster then that, i can get in high 20's, low 30'smph with sprint.

Keep going

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
Joe24 said:
So, your going by 4 miles, to see how good your average is?
I did 68miles today and averaged 18.5, and there was strong headwinds and long hills.
Are you using clipless? You surely should be able to sprint up faster then that, i can get in high 20's, low 30'smph with sprint.

Keep going

If you could read, you'd see that I didn't have time to do any more than that, and I just wanted to find my average over that distance, more to test the computer than anything. FYI I'm using toe clips soon to be clipless and can sprint faster than that as it is. I don't believe you're particulalry quick anyhow.

Joe24

Radius said:
If you could read, you'd see that I didn't have time to do any more than that, and I just wanted to find my average over that distance. FYI I'm using toe clips soon to be clipless and can sprint faster than that as it is. I don't believe you're particulalry quick anyhow.

You dont beleive im particularly quick:wacko:
You realise ive slowed down now its winter, and that i went out training doing 30miles in 1:29 in the days i did 30miles? And that was with hills?
You tried to brag about your speed over 4miles.
Flats and straps dont make much difference, i could still sprint up fast with them on, and faster then 26mph. Infact, on my fixed i got higher, with a 65" gear and flats and straps, and in my normal clothes.
So basicly, dont try and brag

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
I didn't try and brag in any sense of the word at all, because bragging implies suggested superiority, that was non existent in my first post. In fact, there was an element of self depreciation ("thought it would be lower").
And you're a right one for bragging, anyone who puts 'you love me' in their sig, and 'I'm good looking and everyone wants me' in their profile and then tries to say someone else is bragging should take a leaf out of their own book.

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
User1314 said:
That's told you, Radius! ;)

My next ride will probably be the Hampshire Ride out of Fleet. I'm planning to cycle down to the start point. You should as well! No trains! We could have a London Posse meeting up and going to Fleet en masse!

I've flagged up as a possible for this, so perhaps we can get some others to come as well! What time dyou think we'd leave at?

User1314 said:
That's told you, Radius! :smile:

My next ride will probably be the Hampshire Ride out of Fleet. I'm planning to cycle down to the start point. You should as well! No trains! We could have a London Posse meeting up and going to Fleet en masse!

Good.
Joe: Stop it.
Radius: Get a haircut - you'll go faster.
Crock: You too.
Joe: Shhh - it's Sunday evening. Relax.
Radius: Change the peddles - you know it makes sense. ;)

:biggrin:

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
That's why I'm doing it ;)
and incidentally, I do need a haircut, but you should have seen my hair this time last year, :biggrin:

Joe24

Radius said:
I didn't try and brag in any sense of the word at all, because bragging implies suggested superiority, that was non existent in my first post. In fact, there was an element of self depreciation ("thought it would be lower").
And you're a right one for bragging, anyone who puts 'you love me' in their sig, and 'I'm good looking and everyone wants me' in their profile and then tries to say someone else is bragging should take a leaf out of their own book.

;):rolleyes::biggrin::rolleyes::smile::rolleyes:
But, you see Radius, im not bragging, im just speaking the truth;)

Im very relaxed by the way:becool:

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
To use the words of he who we love himself, I am very calm, y'know, just chillin out, listening to some music. ;)

Joe24

Radius said:
To use the words of he who we love himself, I am very calm, y'know, just chillin out, listening to some music. ;)

Actually, i never type like that thanks.
I would of said, im very relaxed, im relaxing listening to music.
But, if you want to question this, go get me some proof that i put that.
To put it in your good friends words tho Radius.
Im jus chilin out relaxed litenin to musc init bled

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
Would you of said that? Really? I wouldn't of thought that you would of said that, but I guess I could of been wrong. Perhaps I should of read your posts better. Perhaps you could of listened in school before being rude about other forums members and their writing. Young 'Un's a decent guy, so why be rude?

Joe24

Radius said:
Would you of said that? Really? I wouldn't of thought that you would of said that, but I guess I could of been wrong. Perhaps I should of read your posts better. Perhaps you could of listened in school before being rude about other forums members and their writing. Young 'Un's a decent guy, so why be rude?

Whats that got to do with anything?
Why have you made of bold for everything?
Im never rude about YC, infact, i love the guy, thanks

Top Bottom