Just got to love the non cyclist mindset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I see this sometimes, it really is a case of no understandy. You've got a car and yet you've just gone and cycled 50 miles?

OP
OP
I
[QUOTE 5059938, member: 43827"]I didn't realise there was a non-cycling fraternity, any more than there is a cycling fraternity. But as a way of helping convince non-cyclists that cyclists are nobbers your response was spot on.[/QUOTE]
Non taken...............:banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Freezing cold rain out there this morning, I also think anyone going by bike is slightly mad.

Below freezing at 4.30am this morning for my 20km commute. 10 minutes after setting off I was toasty warm. After 30 minutes I should have been stopping to take something off. Arrived after 54 minutes. Glad of the shower. Riding in winter is great if you have the right gear. Getting out of the house is the hard bit.

screenman

Legendary Member
Freezing rain develops when falling snow encounters a layer of warm air aloft, typically around the 800 mbar (800 hPa) level, causing the snow to melt and become rain. As the rain continues to fall, it passes through a layer of subfreezing air just above the surface and cools to a temperature below freezing (0 °C or 32 °F). If this layer of subfreezing air is sufficiently deep, the raindrops may have time to freeze into ice pellets (sleet) before reaching the ground. However, if the subfreezing layer of air at the surface is very shallow, the rain drops falling through it will not have time to freeze and they will hit the ground as supercooled rain. When these supercooled drops make contact with the ground, power lines, tree branches, aircraft, or anything else below 0 °C (32 °F), a portion of the drops instantly freezes, forming a thin film of ice, hence freezing rain.[4][5]

U

User32269

th.jpg

It's scorchio here.

Tim Hall

Non taken...............:banghead:
A fun and friendly cycling community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom