Just got to love the non cyclist mindset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I`m walking back home from picking up a few bits for tea tonight, and I bumped into one of my neighbours who had been walking her dog, "SO", she said "just tell me, now that you don`t have a car and it`s bitterly cold how you plan to get to work tomorrow?"

My answer "the same way as I always fecking get to work!!"

She looked at me stunned............................

The non-cycling fraternity have no clue, just because it`s cold I obviously have to become lazy. NO!!!!!!!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The idea of winter coats has been list to motorists now?

Drago

Legendary Member
I get similar astonishment when its -3C and I go for a run in a muscle vest. Weaklings just don't understand.

hoopdriver

Guru
At the opposite end of the scale, a few years ago I was out riding here in Sussex on a warm summers day - 26 degrees - and a woman remarked that it was awfully hot to be riding a bicycle. How could I stand to pedal in such heat. I replied that I was from Australia and really didn’t find it all that hot. She raised a sceptical eyebrow and said, “but surely, even in Australia, it doesn’t get this hot.”

Moodyman

Legendary Member
It's worse if you have a car and choose to cycle to work

My mother lives a few doors down and noticed my car outside my house daytime yesterday. She called me in the evening to give me an ear bashing for not using it.

Top Bottom