Just renewed Home insurance.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Well , given the way the recent burglary was handled, I can honestly say that the current mob of insurers (john Lewis) have been more than worth the premium, and I'd strongly recommend them to anyone looking for home insurance.

At least till we get the premiums for next year anyway.......

You probably already know this but most policies cover bikes up to £500 inside the house, not out-buildings, so you have to specify if you want cover away from the home. Out-buildings contents are usually covered to around £2k but bikes, like laptops or mobiles, are high-risk. It's all very confusing so in the end I just covered my bike 3rd Party Fire & Theft cos I figured nobody would nick a bike that's on fire.

Wtf are you on about

If you look at your bank statement you can see how much you pay for your insurance. That companies increase premiums at renewal ought to be as outrageous as someone having a pair of shows for sale at a certain price, entirely up to you.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
My car has been insured with Esure for about 4 years now. They've always been cheaper than the comparison sites, for the annual renewal, although the quoted £35 to move home was a bit steep IMO, but the lady on the phone discounted it to a fiver, to retain goodwill.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
So last year you want a Brian the robot :rolleyes:
Just as well my post was over a year old then. :tongue:;)

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
By the time you pay the compulsory and any voluntary excess then have next years premium raised because you had a claim it may not be such a good idea.

Worth looking into but the insurance company allways wins in the long run.
...although people in Keswick might have a different idea after tonight.

You can buy the shoes or not, you can renew your insurance or not, up to you. This idea that an OFFER is outrageous is daft, if you don't like the offer go elsewhere. The insurer is COUNTING on you not doing so.

400bhp

Guru
You can buy the shoes or not, you can renew your insurance or not, up to you. This idea that an OFFER is outrageous is daft, if you don't like the offer go elsewhere. The insurer is COUNTING on you not doing so.

I take it that you think it's OK then.

Interesting that.

Top Bottom