Just renewed Home insurance.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Renewal time again. Paid kwikfit £158 last year and their renewal offer was was £252. Got same policy plus extra bikes (one a £2k carbon jobbie) via the Meerkat for only £195.

Insurance much cheaper than 2014 but why do they try it on at renewal, just stupid. Less than 1hrs work (would have been under 30 minutes if cyclechat didn't keep distracting me!) saved me at least £57 :smile:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Holy thread resurrection - but it is your thread after all, started 369 days ago.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Thread resurrection alert!

Just played the musical insurance game....

From reading back through this post this appears to be the score so far;
2013 = £290
2014 = £282
2015 = £158
2016 = £195
2017 = £243
2018 = £264

I stayed with my existing insurer this year for a second year. Barclays offered me a renewal of £276 but after a lengthy and pleasant discussion with Linda (who is also a keen cyclist and has a Specialized road bike and MTB, but isn't aware of or active on Cyclechat.net) we confirmed my cover levels were appropriate and with a bit of encouragement from me (She was very specific that they DO NOT price match! :laugh:) the premium was reduced to a few pence less than the Meerkat best offer from Esure :okay:

Quite interesting to see the annual prices listed out in one place. 2015 & 2016 appear to have been abnormally cheap but I am still paying less than 2013 which is good going IMO.

Hopefully Linda from Barclays insurance will have a look at Cyclechat in her lunch break and say Hi :hello:

Mine is coming up. I'm a bit limited these days because I use our house insurance to cover the kids digs at Uni and they don't all do that.

tom73

Guru
Just renewed mine knocking off all the unwanted bit's and extra's we get via other means and with cash back just over £40 :okay:

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just renewed mine knocking off all the unwanted bit's and extra's we get via other means and with cash back just over £40 :okay:
Is that £40 cashback or £40 premium? I knew insuring a carboard box in Yorkshire would be cheap but still, not £40 cheap......

sheddy

Legendary Member
I just tried Quidco for Aviva car insurance renewal

What will stop me earning cashback?
  • Cashback is only available to new Aviva customers
  • Cashback will not be paid on Aviva Drive or short term car insurance policies
  • Cashback will only be paid on new comprehensive or third party policies
  • Cashback will not be paid on Rapid bonus policies
  • Cashback will be sent to the retailer within 60 days of the start date of your policy
  • Cashback will not be paid if you cancel your policy within 30 days of the policy start date
  • Cashback will not be paid for renewals
  • Cashback will only be paid for purchases made from within the United Kingdom
  • Cashback will not be paid if a saved quote is used. You must click the Quidco link, generate a new quote and make your purchase immediately
  • Please also see the retailer's standard terms and conditions for purchase as listed on their site
  • Cashback will not be paid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount code unless listed on this page, or with any other discounts such as staff or student discounts

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I use co-op. Had to claim for a camera and laptop and they coughed up immediately. Very good. Bikes are on an 'add on' for those over £1k.

Top Bottom