Just saw this on roadcc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
A coach driver who is on trial accused of causing the death by careless driving of a London cyclist when he turned left across her path only learnt he had run her over when a passenger told him what had happened, a court has heard.

He is also denying the death by careless driving charge bought against him despite admitting to the police that he regularly ignores advance stop lines.

All this to "stop himself being swamped by cyclists."

What an utter scumbag

Too bad the justice system is a joke and he'll be out in 3 months and banned from driving for 6.

I feel sorry for the friends and family of the deceased who have to watch this poor excuse for a professional driver try to worm his way out of jail time

Drago

Legendary Member
Even if he's found guilty the penalty is liable to be derisory. The good news is that by arguing the toss he won t be eligible to an automatic third off his sentence.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I honestly cant get my head around this 'MGIF' mentality of people in general. Be it shoaling cyclists or those in steel cages attempting to shave mere seconds off their journey before getting stuck behind a load of other cars.

Drago

Legendary Member
Should be banned from ever driving a bus again. :cursing:

See, that's a very good point. Kill or injure someone with a legally held firearm, you'll never be allowed to possess one again. Kill someone with a legally held vehicle and it won't be long before you can be legally back at it. This sense of societal self-entitlement with motor vehicle is so breathtakingly perverse it's untrue.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5349762, member: 9609"]he could be, the traffic commissioners do have the power to revoke the vocational part of the drivers licence, and sometimes do. Lorry and coach drivers/operators can be more scared of the TC's than the courts. I don't think they need a jury, they just seem to wield there axe from a committee meeting or something.

Always worth bringing stuff to their attention if you have been wronged by a lorry or coach, they're probably a little more interested than the police (I wouldn't hold your breath) but don't under estimate what they can do.[/QUOTE]
It's the (admitted) blatant disregard for road safety features that get me, ASLs were created to give cyclists a 'safe zone' at junctions and to help prevent the kind of accident that killed a woman. What does this guy do, not only crosses into the ASL box but drives over the stop line too. :cursing:

Then has the gall to say he does it so he's "Not swamped by Cyclists" and denies responsibility for killing someone whom he'd overtaken shortly before.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
[QUOTE 5349762, member: 9609"]he could be, the traffic commissioners do have the power to revoke the vocational part of the drivers licence, and sometimes do. Lorry and coach drivers/operators can be more scared of the TC's than the courts. I don't think they need a jury, they just seem to wield there axe from a committee meeting or something.

Always worth bringing stuff to their attention if you have been wronged by a lorry or coach, they're probably a little more interested than the police (I wouldn't hold your breath) but don't under estimate what they can do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, But do you remember that incident where a guy who had been banned multiple times from driving or had his license revoked due to his medical condition, managed to get a job as a refuse truck driver with the local council, blacked out behind the wheel, mowed down and killed 6 innocent people while leaving 15 injured???

He was never jailed.... His entire trial remained a bit of a joke. In fact the whole article is a joke. I honestly cannot believe the judge in this case. It was nothing short of a slap on the wrist and saying "naughty, naughty, naughty -- Make sure you dont do it again!"

You expect someone with a history of randomly blacking out would avoid being behind the wheel of any vehicle. You'd expect people to have common sense to stay away from driving but no....

I dont think this guy has ever showed any remorse for his actions and i feel so deeply sorry for those killed or maimed by this dreadful person whose lives have been turned upside down with the loss of a loved ones or suffered injuries that would affect them for life and the Justice system has failed each and everyone of them.

He avoided jail. Banned 3 years from driving and got community service.

Things like this make my blood boil. It just makes mowing people down in any sort of motor vehicle more socially acceptable.

Slick

Guru
No one up here has forgotten him. His only real punishment came after the fainting incident.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....no-longer-be-monitored-by-social-workers/amp/

Drago

Legendary Member
Yeah, But do you remember that incident where a guy who had been banned multiple times from driving or had his license revoked due to his medical condition, managed to get a job as a refuse truck driver with the local council, blacked out behind the wheel, mowed down and killed 6 innocent people while leaving 15 injured???

He was never jailed.... His entire trial remained a bit of a joke. In fact the whole article is a joke. I honestly cannot believe the judge in this case. It was nothing short of a slap on the wrist and saying "naughty, naughty, naughty -- Make sure you dont do it again!"

You expect someone with a history of randomly blacking out would avoid being behind the wheel of any vehicle. You'd expect people to have common sense to stay away from driving but no....

I dont think this guy has ever showed any remorse for his actions and i feel so deeply sorry for those killed or maimed by this dreadful person whose lives have been turned upside down with the loss of a loved ones or suffered injuries that would affect them for life and the Justice system has failed each and everyone of them.

He avoided jail. Banned 3 years from driving and got community service.

Things like this make my blood boil. It just makes mowing people down in any sort of motor vehicle more socially acceptable.

And to add further insult to injury he got caught disqaul driving while serving his ban, and received nothing more substantive than a finger wagging for that.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
No one up here has forgotten him. His only real punishment came after the fainting incident.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....no-longer-be-monitored-by-social-workers/amp/

And to add further insult to injury he got caught disqaul driving while serving his ban, and received nothing more substantive than a finger wagging for that.

He hasnt learned his lesson at all. Welcome to the Great British Justice system. Tough and PC on things we shouldnt be, and weak on things that should be dealt with by a strong hand or leadership.... which the UK presently does not have.

what a joke.

----

If i was this guys neighbour. God help me...and forgive me for the things that i would do to keep him from getting behind the wheel of a car.

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
He hasnt learned his lesson at all. Welcome to the Great British Justice system. Tough and PC on things we shouldnt be, and weak on things that should be dealt with by a strong hand or leadership.... which the UK presently does not have.

what a joke.

----

If i was this guys neighbour. God help me...and forgive me for the things that i would do to keep him from getting behind the wheel of a car.
You were not alone. I think his daughter had to move house.

Top Bottom