Keep yer Cap on ! ( under yer helmet ) !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
I saw a lad while out walking today today he’ s as old as I am , late 60’s, so we’re chatting away about bikes and all else , for some reason he asked me if I wore a helmet , most of the time I replied , I always do he said , but look at this , he Took his flat cap off , he Is as bald as , but while out riding in the sun it had shone through his helmet an he had big red stripes on top of his head !!!
🤣😂😂🤣

Slick

Guru
Badge of honour or summat. :laugh:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
While I've heard apocryphal tales of this I can never understand how this could happen. Unless you're cycling an actual roman road or motorway, the sun angle is always changing and helmets don't let a lot of sun through anyway, what with the vents being deep.
I'm not well endowed in the hair department and it's never happened to me. Did your friend perhaps fall asleep at the pub with his helmet on? 😄

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
While I've heard apocryphal tales of this I can never understand how this could happen. Unless you're cycling an actual roman road or motorway, the sun angle is always changing and helmets don't let a lot of sun through anyway, what with the vents being deep.
I'm not well endowed in the hair department and it's never happened to me. Did your friend perhaps fall asleep at the pub with his helmet on? 😄

He was riding earlier in the week ,with what he calls his helmet on and I saw the red stripes on his head from the sun burn yesterday , ?
I know what I saw , seeing as the pubs are shoot I’d say your suggestion is not a possibility really , If you have heard a similar story. I’d say there must be some truth in them , and as for the positioning of the Sun , there is a lengthy amount of time each day when the Sun is directly above , I’d say that’s when he copped it ,

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwn

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
When you have enough hair to make sun cream messy, but not enough to shield your scalp, a cap becomes pretty much essential. I don't wear a helmet, so I wouldn't suffer stripes.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
Does he realise they have invented sun block ?

I would say he has , but who’d a thought it whilst wearing a helmet I wouldn’t and I lived in the skin cancer capital of the World for 15 years,
and why get sun blocker all over the inner of your helmet that would be more than than the trouble it’s worth cleaning it all off , ‘ keep yer cap on ‘ as said in the title , I’m sure he will in future ,

Globalti

Legendary Member
I used to go ski-touring with a British guide who had terribly sun-damaged skin on his bald head. Combined with long straggly hair the effect wasn't great. I've already had a couple of solar keratoses frozen off my scalp and my forearms so nowadays I never go out without a cap or hat even on dull days and always wear a thin buff under my helmet.

Mark pallister

I would say he has , but who’d a thought it whilst wearing a helmet I wouldn’t and I lived in the skin cancer capital of the World for 15 years,
and why get sun blocker all over the inner of your helmet that would be more than than the trouble it’s worth cleaning it all off , ‘ keep yer cap on ‘ as said in the title , I’m sure he will in future ,
Rub it in your head no problem,I couldn’t wear a cap on a hot day it would be wringing wet after a hour

Chris S

Legendary Member
At least it doesn't say adidas

1_Girl-goes-out-in-Adidas-leggings-and-ends-up-with-brand-logo-tanned-onto-her-leg.jpg

Top Bottom