Keep yer Cap on ! ( under yer helmet ) !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
I receive burn marks on my head when cycling on hot & windy days, doesn’t happen so much on sunny days with no wind.
That must mean that the wind blows the sun in? :okay:

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
So you stop sweating with age ?
im 61 and still sweat well

At 67 , very rarely sweat at all , even after a ride on a hot day , I’d say everyone is different, as far sweating goes , it wasn’t a problem for me in Queensland , as for fitness I can go
70 m + at a steady pace , so not unfit , Just don’t sweat much , unless wearing water proofs , the I do terribly,

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
You sweat less when you're fit, apparently.

according to the font of all knowledge google the exact opposite is true

I just googled and got Interestingly got this response ,

‘In fact, the fitter you become, the better your body’s ability becomes to cool itself down. As your body becomes more efficient at cooling down, you’ll notice you sweat less even though you’ve probably advanced in your fitness levels. It will then require a more intense workout to bring on the beads. ‘

YellowV2

Veteran
As the title says, always wear a cap under your lid! It doesn't make you sweat any more and absorbs sweat, so stops it running into your eyes. ^_^

Mark pallister

As the title says, always wear a cap under your lid! It doesn't make you sweat any more and absorbs sweat, so stops it running into your eyes. ^_^
I’ve got to disagree with that ,wearing a cap makes me sweat loads more
it makes a huge difference to cooling ,I wear a cap in the winter because it keeps me warm
in summer wearing even a thin so called breathable cap has me dripping and the cap the same
that’s why helmets have cut out for cooling

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
At 67 , very rarely sweat at all , even after a ride on a hot day , I’d say everyone is different, as far sweating goes , it wasn’t a problem for me in Queensland , as for fitness I can go
70 m + at a steady pace , so not unfit , Just don’t sweat much , unless wearing water proofs , the I do terribly,

On the other hand you may run cold and wear a lot more than others in cooler weather.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’ve got to disagree with that ,wearing a cap makes me sweat loads more
it makes a huge difference to cooling ,I wear a cap in the winter because it keeps me warm
in summer wearing even a thin so called breathable cap has me dripping and the cap the same
that’s why helmets have cut out for cooling

Cap (without helmet). Sweat able to evaporate from fabric. The sweat that remains tends to run down peak and drip off away from face. Plastic hat far more likely to make you sweaty as it doesn’t breathe.

Mark pallister

Cap (without helmet). Sweat able to evaporate from fabric. The sweat that remains tends to run down peak and drip off away from face. Plastic hat far more likely to make you sweaty as it doesn’t breathe.
Plastic hat breathes superbly ,it’s full of vents to allow air in and out

Top Bottom