Keep yer Cap on ! ( under yer helmet ) !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
I’ve got to disagree with that ,wearing a cap makes me sweat loads more
it makes a huge difference to cooling ,I wear a cap in the winter because it keeps me warm
in summer wearing even a thin so called breathable cap has me dripping and the cap the same
that’s why helmets have cut out for cooling

And therefore the sun can shine through the cut outs -vents and can burn your noggin , like my old mate ,

On the other hand you may run cold and wear a lot more than others in cooler weather.

Not at all , whilst out in the road today , about 17 m to test out drive train mods I noticed a lot other riders had long sleeve tops on , I didn’t put mine on until I had to walk through Richmond Park and it started raining ,
but I will add I do not wear Lycra , cotton type t shirts and similar tops , I do have a Lycra top that says it can somehow absorbs sweat and vents it out, I’ve never put it to the test ,

Mark pallister

And therefore the sun can shine through the cut outs -vents and can burn your noggin , like my old mate ,

Yep that’s why I wear sunblock

Not at all , whilst out in the road today , about 17 m to test out drive train mods I noticed a lot other riders had long sleeve tops on , I didn’t put mine on until I had to walk through Richmond Park and it started raining ,
but I will add I do not wear Lycra , cotton type t shirts and similar tops , I do have a Lycra top that says it can somehow absorbs sweat and vents it out, I’ve never put it to the test ,

YellowV2

Veteran
Cotton cap or lightweight summer material, I use both and both work equally as well, no problem. I am not suggesting a winter cap!

Top Bottom