Keeping my mouth/face warm this coming winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sanddancer

Has the op tried sensodyne toothpaste ?

andrew_s

Legendary Member
The trouble with ski masks is that they are to keep your face warm, and do nothing about warming the air before it gets into your mouth.
Warming the air first is what noses are for, but that would restrict your breathing even more than breathing through a buff or similar would.

What you need is a mask with an intake pipe of maybe 4 cm diameter that brings the air from underneath your windproof clothes, along with a couple of valves so you breathe out through the side of the mask. The sort of thing you see people on exercise bike using when they have medical type people doing research on them.
I leave it to your ingenuity to construct one.

Sensodyne has been suggested 5 or 6 times by now.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions!:okay: Touch wood my teeth have been ok since i posted this thread. Once or twice i've has a twinge but no serious pain like in the past. Watch this!. I'll be tempting fate, and the next cold windy day my teeth will be throbbing!:ohmy:

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Good luck! Tooth/jaw pain can be a bugger to sort out. My missus had terrible problems every winter for years, it used to be like going out with a bloody eskimo! She was bounced backwards and forwards between doctors and dentist, treated for non-existent infections, had several trips to a maxillofacial consultant, was in pain every winter for years. In the end she changed dentists and the new chap said that the build-up of fillings over the years was distorting her bite - and when she clenched her jaw in cold weather it was triggering the pain. He ground down some of the worst ones and the relief was immediate.

Top Bottom