Ken Bird - my winter project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
Nice job, fancy cleaning mine up.:whistle:

They were just a bit black in places and have come up a treat. Can't believe they are 30 plus years old and look that good. The mechs and shifters already look great in the pics so just a chainset to get now. Have one on my flee Bay list currently highest bidder at 99p...lol

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
Screenshot_2014-12-08-19-37-14.png

That's the stuff on its way from holland

raleighnut

Legendary Member
View attachment 73845

That's the stuff on its way from holland
That post could easily be misconstrued by the numpties who monitor the internet at GCHQ,
3 triggers in that stuff, on its way and Holland could get the alarm bells a-ringing.
Its no good protesting that you're a cyclist and that they are spares when the black clad heavies arrive with the universal door-key.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
And the chainset with BB also won. 22 English pounds.

Right it seems this winter project has become my Christmas project. Payday on the 23rd so now I may be treating myself to some sexy Italian or French large flange wheels.... Can't wait to get this built up and out for a spin

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The holland shipment arrived today. It's all in such good condition.
View attachment 74480
They look really good and a big 'lucky barsteward' for getting them without the possible faff of em being described wrongly. have fun with the build. :biggrin:

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
Well I just received a cheque for £100 off my old man for Christmas so I have just gone and spent it plus a fair bit more on some sexy Italian tubulars. Going with a 6 speed MAILLARD 700 14–25 freewheel to go with the short cage mech.

campagnol-record.jpg

Just need to pick up some cables, chain and bar tape at the LBS tomorrow and we shall be building it over the holidays. Can't bloody wait.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
That world championship tape on the hubs and the tied and soldered spokes takes me back to my childhood :smile:

Shaun

Me to but then I could just gaze at them in the LBS window. They are being hand delivered on Boxing day so they are my Christmas present to myself. :santa:^_^

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
My tubs have arrived, hand delivered on boxing day. Can't fault them as they look almost new and seem to have been built by Gios so extra nice.

No more major components missing so I hope to post some pics of the built bike before the end of the year.
DSC_0961.JPG
DSC_0968.JPG
DSC_0966.JPG
DSC_0967.JPG

Top Bottom