Ken Bird - my winter project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
No joy with SJS they did stock them but no longer. Have a couple of places in Bristol I will pop into on Friday as they probably will. Then we may get it out and take some pictures. Enjoy new year everyone :cheers:

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
Think I have located the conversion kit. Sent them an email so hopefully I get a reply tomorrow. Very happy as then we may get this bike on the road by next weekend.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
OK so I have solved the shifter issue but won't get it sorted this week as back to work on Monday. I also have some white cable outer on the way to go with the white tape and tan hoods. I have been thinking about pedals and a saddle. I found these in the bottom of my parts box a pair of HTI quill pedals which must be from the 1980s and thought of having them with toe clips, is this in keeping with the 1980s theme and look?
DSC_0986.JPG

I then think to finish it off I will put a new selle italia turbo in tan on it.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
Shaun, I think they will do for the time being until I come across something on flee Bay or the forums.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
IMG_600941493679713.jpeg
The 600ex parts have arrived and now the shifters fit. Just the saddle to sort and then find a braze on front derailleur as I have decided to leave the braze on as it is as it is a fancy one that wraps around the tube.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
OK people who have been following this thread. I have purchased a selle italia turbo saddle in tan leather/suede. I have tan hoods on the levers and wonder do I wrap them in white tape I have to go with the white cables or go with brown leather/faux leather. I need to know as if I do then it will be white or tan toe clip straps... As you can see at last I have been paid so money to burn. I also went for a shimano 600ax front mech NOS.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
It's almost there. Still waiting on a front derailleur to arrive in the post then I can finish the cables, tape the bars and put the chain on. Should be out for its first ride this weekend...
DSC_1047.JPG
DSC_1046.JPG

ChrisEyles

Guru
Either white or tan bar tape would look cracking, to my mind (I'd go for white, but then I won't have to clean it ;)). That's a very handsome bike indeed!

Top Bottom