Ken Bird - my winter project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
After many months of eBay purchases and a few teething problems the ken bird rides again. Have has to fit a 127mm bottom bracket as sourcing a 124mm was proving difficult but it will do until I find a 124mm.

Just had a quick half hour spin and it is a joy to ride. Very quick and very responsive as it has a very short wheel base.

DSC_1111.JPG

DSC_1109.JPG

DSC_1110.JPG

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
I have the final few bits to get my Ken looking correct. H Lloyd have got a head badge on file so they are printing that tomorrow and I am also getting the correct 531 decals and the fork decals also. Then it's put them on with the world champion rainbow stripes above and below the down tube and seat tube and it should look finished. Can't wait to ride it in bakewell in June.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
20150521_173638.jpg
The head badge arrived today so tomorrow is the time to finish off the final details. Correct 531 decals for the frame and forks plus the head badge above

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
View attachment 81154 View attachment 81155 View attachment 81156 View attachment 81157 It's finished and apart from dust covers for the chainset I won't be adding anything. I will need a longer stem and swap the criterium bars out before eroica but I love riding it and snapping a few pics. Thanks for the advice and help with parts etc.
View attachment 81154 View attachment 81155 View attachment 81156 View attachment 81154 View attachment 81155 View attachment 81156

You even take the thing nightclubbing with you!

Top Bottom