Ken Bird - my winter project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Looking lovely (both the bike and the weather)

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
Well it's now rideable and just had a quick spin through Easton on it. Handles well and just need to tape the bars and pick up some straps for the toe clips. Out for a proper run on it this Saturday. ^_^^_^^_^
DSC_1089.JPG

DSC_1092.JPG
DSC_1093.JPG

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
If that ever goes up for sale I'd like to know.

This is never going anywhere. This is the first of my steel collection and I am now planning on another bike as found an old frame dumped in an alleyway near my mates workshop last weekend. It's a carlton from the 60s we think but it's a total mess.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
TBH I thought you'd left em like that til you had finalised bar/brake positioning.
Looking very nice now though with the 'retro' bartape. :becool:

You are right they had been left long for that exact reason. Also moved the levers up a little bit. The tape looks great IMO. :wub:

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
Seems the old BB which was 30 years old but looked in good condition is threaded. So it wouldn't lock, stopped and borrowed some tools at a lbs and bought a new look ring and still no joy. Putting a new BB on today. That's the joy of building an old bike with old parts I suppose

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Seems the old BB which was 30 years old but looked in good condition is threaded. So it wouldn't lock, stopped and borrowed some tools at a lbs and bought a new look ring and still no joy. Putting a new BB on today. That's the joy of building an old bike with old parts I suppose
That's a bu££er, hope you manage to get it sorted.

Top Bottom