Keto Diet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
You wrongly assumed that people on the Keto diet eat processed meat, not necessarily true, a lot of people stick to grass fed meat and or organic. Also people who eat a varied diet also eat processed meats unless they specifically say they don't have it in their diet. So please don't assume that all lchf are processed meat eaters and if they was the case bacon sales would be a lot lower than they are. Saying that I buy bacon from M&S which doesn't contain nitrates but my choice. There are now various research findings saying it's ok to eat processed meats.
The OP says he does however - see first page of thread (post #8) :okay:
He also posted that dietary nitrates are good for the heart or some such, which would appear to be factually incorrect (post #150)?

classic33

Leg End Member
Other than fritters, I'd not had Spam in years, before seeing if the Ketogenic Diet would work for me.

Spam is processed meat isn't it?

classic33

Leg End Member
Nitrates are what is used in the processing of bacon and salami and Ham etc.
I have first hand experience of consuming nitrates. When I was in hospital following my heart attack I was prescribed nitrates. When metabolised Nitrates form Nitric Oxide and this dilates the blood vessels reducing blood pressure. We consume substantial amounts of nitrates from vegetables which is where vegetarians get their nitrates from. So we actually consume far more nitrates from vegetables than from bacon et al.

So consuming nitrates is actually very good for us.

Now for the carcinogenic WHO bit. Remember our old friend DR Ken D Berry introduced to us by Classic doo daa.

Right at the end of this video clip (which I watched months ago) he deals with the flaws in the study.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ygs2j0v0sU

Correction required on your part.

vickster

Legendary Member
Other than fritters, I'd not had Spam in years, before seeing if the Ketogenic Diet would work for me.

Spam is processed meat isn't it?
Yep, and very high in fat (and salt):
56g - Calories: 180 ; Total Fat: 16g (24.62); Saturated Fat: 6g (30); Cholesterol: 40mg (13.33); Sodium: 790mg (32.92); Total Carbohydrates: 1g (0.33); Dietary Fiber: 0g ; Sugars: 0g ; Protein: 7g ;

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Jogger I source organic meats like you. and yes processed meats aren't part of the keto diet but hey you can eat them so why not? Bring on the Cancer I say. ( very unlikely)

Stand by for Classic Doo Daa to click the report to Mods button. I don;t care anymore

classic33

Leg End Member
You still here where's your mate Dr Berry didn't you see the new video. its' all there. You just have to listen. Swing low sweet chariaarrts coming for to carry me home. Swiiing low.....
Why watch a video when the person "presenting it" is only promoting their product. It's like his diet to beat Coronavirus. Self promotion.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Just do your own thing folks if it goes unchallenged from now on please do not take that as that you are right. Like the man said and I mean "The Man" there are no winners.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
You wrongly assumed that people on the Keto diet eat processed meat, not necessarily true, a lot of people stick to grass fed meat and or organic. Also people who eat a varied diet also eat processed meats unless they specifically say they don't have it in their diet. So please don't assume that all lchf are processed meat eaters and if they was the case bacon sales would be a lot lower than they are. Saying that I buy bacon from M&S which doesn't contain nitrates but my choice. There are now various research findings saying it's ok to eat processed meats.
Having travelled quite extensively in mainland Europe, where eating processed meat (sausage, Salami, Parma ham, chorizo, etc) are common place, I noted a) they have elderly people there b) there are not stacks of bodies in the streets. I am thus suspicious of some (all) of the facts which government and/or experts feed us with.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Don't expect a huge health benefit here either, but for a zillion other reasons it's a good call....

vickster

Legendary Member
Having travelled quite extensively in mainland Europe, where eating processed meat (sausage, Salami, Parma ham, chorizo, etc) are common place, I noted a) they have elderly people there b) there are not stacks of bodies in the streets. I am thus suspicious of some (all) of the facts which government and/or experts feed us with.
Maybe not, but European countries do seem to come quite high up the list when it comes to bowel cancer rates - I doubt it's completely a coincidence
https://www.wcrf.org/dietandcancer/cancer-trends/colorectal-cancer-statistics

The introduction is quite interesting too. Being a man doesn't help your cause either (so if you're of the age that you get the test kit through the post, hopefully you've made use of it and returned as instructed :okay: )

Koreans are also big (red) meat eaters

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Maybe not, but European countries do seem to come quite high up the list when it comes to bowel cancer rates - I doubt it's completely a coincidence
https://www.wcrf.org/dietandcancer/cancer-trends/colorectal-cancer-statistics

The introduction is quite interesting too. Being a man doesn't help your cause either (so if you're of the age that you get the test kit through the post, hopefully you've made use of it and returned as instructed :okay: )

Koreans are also big (red) meat eaters
At 72, I have indeed, reached “that age”. ;)

Top Bottom