Keto Diet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
saw the light. blimey that's over 10 years ago. is that from memory or been doing some delving?

Just three clicks of the mouse (looked at heart threads). Just wondered, as you did actually promote a varied diet and low GI carbs, especially with training.

I certainly can see a short term benefit of Keto - big carb reduction = weight loss, but longer term, you'll need some carbs for exercise - especially if you've little fat to use up and it can put additional stress on organs.

Not knocking it at all. I do watch my carb intake, mainly since breaking my spine and I'm still not able to exercise as much as I like, but with work, family chores, time is limited. But like many, I have my vices. I like beer/wine and drink far too much milk. Cutting excess carbs out from alcohol and food is a great way of cutting weight, and you feel better. Also lots of arguments for cutting out gluten, or certainly reducing it !

I don't like fatty food - so any fat on meat is trimmed, or only lean bought - more of a taste preference.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A rickshaw has Just arrived with my Himalayan salt. poor bugger is knackered. it's cheaper going direct. miss out the middleman. cost me a tip though. £2

In this wind, you task master ! :bicycle:

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Still open. That's good. I want to post more stuff about the keto diet in particular the MCT supplement drink given to the pro team Jumbo Visma
https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/X4FNYj

Looks like some of the pro teams are taking a ketone supplement and it is being questioned as a dubious performance enhancement. I can't see how one drink can put you into ketosis. Basically all it is is MCT oil, which you can buy in supermarkets. Blend it into coffee with butter and hey presto a "bullet Proof" coffee to improve your performance by 2 to 3%. ^_^

The keto adapted athlete maybe but this supplement is probably over rated.

MCT oil (medium chain triglyceride) 6/8 carbon atoms in a line which goes straight to the liver where it is converted into ketones for energy and not fat stores
I'm surprised that more wasn't made of this when it was posted. instant ketones instant energy. MCT within minutes turned into energy.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
MCT within minutes turned into energy.
Well no. That's not what your link says. Depending on which scientific study you believe, Jumbo Visma are paying £1000 a litre for a drink whose side-effects are unknown and which might improve or impair performance.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Just three clicks of the mouse (looked at heart threads). Just wondered, as you did actually promote a varied diet and low GI carbs, especially with training.

I certainly can see a short term benefit of Keto - big carb reduction = weight loss, but longer term, you'll need some carbs for exercise - especially if you've little fat to use up and it can put additional stress on organs.

Not knocking it at all. I do watch my carb intake, mainly since breaking my spine and I'm still not able to exercise as much as I like, but with work, family chores, time is limited. But like many, I have my vices. I like beer/wine and drink far too much milk. Cutting excess carbs out from alcohol and food is a great way of cutting weight, and you feel better. Also lots of arguments for cutting out gluten, or certainly reducing it !

I don't like fatty food - so any fat on meat is trimmed, or only lean bought - more of a taste preference.
I've found the thread. I hadn't actually tried the tomato pills. I said they looked like the DBs. Blimey wasn't I an aggressive SOB? Can you be retrospectively banned from something you posted over 10 years ago. I guess I'll find out. It's back on the training forum. If the Mods delete it I won't mind.

Top Bottom