Keto Diet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
How has this thread been so long and contentious without me even throwing in my contribution, about my vegan starch-based diet?!
Fill yer boots!

classic33

Leg End Member
The proof of the pudding......... but then that's not part of the keto diet.
In controlling the condition for which is was devised, the control of epilepsy when medication has failed.

As pointed out earlier, it doesn't work for everyone. Just like any medication for the condition.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I have read most of these posts. I started the Keto diet 7 days ago. I do not train, it is just because "cutting down" was not working for me and I want to lose weight. I have lost 3lbs this week. It was hard at first - 3 days of headaches, tiredness, serious sugar cravings. But I feel great now, and I still get to eat bacon :smile: I was having 2.5 tsps of sugar in hot drinks, up to 20 tsps per day, so cutting that out is a success in itself for me.

I will start taking vitamins as advised by some, can't hurt.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's a lot of sugar leccy_andy. I never have sugar in coffee, but used to in Tea, but just 1. I'm not surprised you craved it. I've not had sugar in hot drinks for a few years.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

I have read most of these posts. I started the Keto diet 7 days ago. I do not train, it is just because "cutting down" was not working for me and I want to lose weight. I have lost 3lbs this week. It was hard at first - 3 days of headaches, tiredness, serious sugar cravings. But I feel great now, and I still get to eat bacon :smile: I was having 2.5 tsps of sugar in hot drinks, up to 20 tsps per day, so cutting that out is a success in itself for me.

I will start taking vitamins as advised by some, can't hurt.
good luck. the first 2 weeks are the hardest. athletic performance suffers initially but after that it's ok. avocado pears and virgin olive oil and plenty of butter and coconut oil to up your fat intake. cheese and nuts are good. particularly walnuts and macadamia nuts

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I get reducing your sugar, pasta's and starches and eliminating breads but it just seems completely bizarre to me to up fat intake. If you're overweight, isn't the idea to burn that fat rather than eating it? Im no nutritionist or whatever first and foremost and am always looking to be educated on nutrition due to my current journey but it just seems bizarre.

Top Bottom