Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Been thinking about it

• Not for me thanks, Its good to give them back at the end of the day

• Some time before its to late

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Bit complicated for me. I have a stepson - I am not longer with his mother, but I he grew up partly with us, and partly with his dad and new partner, from the age of 4. He's 16 now and I still see him regularly. :angry: I would love to have kids, we are trying... apparently there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to so we'll see. If we can't we would be more than happy to adopt... once we're settled in one place.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Good luck, FM - hope it turns out well for you. :smile:

We have 2 beautiful Daughters - oldest is 4.5 (going on 15) and the youngest had her 1st Birthday in September.

The house can be full of attitude, tears and tantrums at times... but there's also so much reward for them being there!!!

They're very costly, but easily worth every penny when they give you a hug and kiss at night and tell you that they love you. :angry::biggrin:

...an astonishing comment there from PaulB.
We don't have kids and don't intend to have any. I would rather spend time seeing the world with my other half, who I love very much but I don't see a lot of because of his occupation. This is our long term plan and we are already saving up for it. We just want to be together, really.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
We have 3 boys 2,7 and 10. As for the comments about not having kids, I knew a few couples that were adamant they were not having family, it didn`t last long though :angry: The problems seem to arise when one partner decides they want to have kids !

MrGrumpy said:
We have 3 boys 2,7 and 10. As for the comments about not having kids, I knew a few couples that were adamant they were not having family, it didn`t last long though :angry: The problems seem to arise when one partner decides they want to have kids !

Yes, I had no intention of having children either. Instead of a trip to the Galapogos islands, son no.1 made an appearance. The Galapogos islands aren't going anywhere though.

wafflycat

I can see it from both sides of the coin. I never wanted kids. Kids never wanted me - whenever the new babaies were brought into the office, said small humans would take one look at me and burst into tears... I was not exactly maternal.

Then MrW & I got together and this co-incided with me being told I would probably never have kids for medical reasons. I was quite accepting of the fact, as I never viewed my feminity or sense of self as being womb-related.

Then I became pregnant.

Gave birth to WMnr and *wham* instant mother-child bonding. Now he's 20 and at university. I am so glad I had him. Having a child puts an entirely different perspective on life. Ok, so it limited the career (a lot), and limited the nights out clubbing, and pauperised MrW & I, but the benefits have far outweighed the downsides with the joy WMnr has brought to us and MrW has been a fantastic dad.

Saying that, I entirely respect the choice of those not to have offspring. That's their choice & their lives. Then there are those who would love to have them and can't. That can be a tough one to come to terms with. The ones I do not like are those who have kids and then don't take their parenting responsibilities seriously.

Mind you, we need lots of babies as they are required to grow up, work and pay the taxes that provide pensions to those of us currently of working age...

AdamBlade

2 boys for me. Eldest is 5 and youngest 2 today :angry:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A boy of 20 going on 12, and a daughter of 18 who is much more mature and organised than her brother.

User76 - I was aiming my comments more at what PaulB said. To be honest I'd skipped over his original comment until you quoted it, hence my nested quote thang. What he said wasn't very nice really...

Top Bottom