'king golf

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Who else was settling down to watch the mens World Championship on BBC2 only to find that the bastard glof was more important? :biggrin:
No, I don't have a sodding red button.
No I am not watching the World Champs.
No I am not a happy bunny. :smile::biggrin:!
Glof. My 'king arse. ;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Where you're going wrong is, you haven't got a red button. Wot you need is a red button, see?

I've got a red button:thumbsup:

BTW, who won the golf?

I'll get my coat!

gavintc

Guru
Golf; it is simply darts for the middle classes. It is a game or a pastime not a sport. I note that the participants do not now need to even walk between each shot. At least in darts they have to walk up to the dartboard.

monnet

Guru
Chuffy, in exactly the same boat. I've just spent 20 minutes swearing around my living room. Checked internet to see if it might be on iplayer. No luck. Seriously f'ing annoyed. Doubly so as I was out for the women's yesterday. F'cking bbc.

gavintc

Guru
monnet said:
Chuffy, in exactly the same boat. I've just spent 20 minutes swearing around my living room. Checked internet to see if it might be on iplayer. No luck. Seriously f'ing annoyed. Doubly so as I was out for the women's yesterday. F'cking bbc.

You missed an incredible women's race. I thought it was one of the best I had watched. :evil::evil:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
monnet said:

it was streamed live on the bbc sport cycling page :evil:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I bet thier course didn't even have a windmill. Or one with a loop in.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I like golf too, would rather watch cycling, or go for a bike ride, but golf is good too....

And it's a much bigger sport globally, and is a much more attractive proposition for sponsors than cycling.

I know this is a cycling forum, but you have to accept that pro cycling is an incredibly minority sport, way more people will have been watching the golf.....

Keith Oates

Janner
Cycling is my No.1 sport but I also like and play golf (more when in the UK than now) However I share the frustration expressed by Chuffy and others when some sport that is not so interesting to me is being shown instead of the cycling. Thank goodness for Cyclingnews as a substitute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panter

Just call me Chris...
ivancarlos said:
The only sport where you wear a sweater. Why is there so much enmity towards golf by cyclists? I hate it with a passion but I don't understand why!

'cause it's crap :biggrin:

Incidentally, you may think cyclists have it bad with the overinflated cost of parts etc but whilst in Decathlon last week I saw a golf bat thing that was £660.00.
£660.00 I ask you :biggrin: it wasn't even very big, I don't think you'd be able to whack the ball too far with it anyway.

ChrisKH

Guru
Waste of a good walk, also. I really , really, tried to get into golf but couldn't justify it to myself at the end of the day. I can't keep a good score (sub 95) unless I play regularly and I don't have the time for it. I suspect if I was a naturally talented player my view would be different. Golf etiquette also used to do my head in.

Top Bottom