'king golf

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
ivancarlos said:
The only sport where you wear a sweater. Why is there so much enmity towards golf by cyclists? I hate it with a passion but I don't understand why!
Exactly! I hated glof way before I started taking cycling seriously and no, I can't give you a properly justifiable reason. It might be to do with the perception of glof as a snobby, aspirational pastime. The kind of thing that you take up in order to keep in with Sir. Oh and the white middle-class insularity of the clubs. I may be wrong (braced for torrent of 'my club only lets black one-legged lesbians into the bar' comments) but there you go.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Chuffy said:
Exactly! I hated glof way before I started taking cycling seriously and no, I can't give you a properly justifiable reason. It might be to do with the perception of glof as a snobby, aspirational pastime. The kind of thing that you take up in order to keep in with Sir. Oh and the white middle-class insularity of the clubs. I may be wrong (braced for torrent of 'my club only lets black one-legged lesbians into the bar' comments) but there you go.

I find that offensive - there's no mention of Chinese one-legged lesbians:evil:

I occasionnaly hack my way around a course. I'm not very good, normally lose interest somewhere around the 7th, never use a wood but find the process of trying to find the ball in the rough quite relaxing. I haven't got a clue about the rules and etiquette which seems to irritate whomever I play with but that's part of the fun.

GrahamG

Guru
Yep, I had exactly the same annoying surprise. Will have to check the ITV website tonight.

*Edit. The women's was fantastic to watch - had me jumping off my seat yelling despite the fact that I was totally mashed!

Top Bottom