Kirriemuir Audaxes: 100k & 300k, Sat 5 June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
scoosh said:
Not for me, thanks ... but I do have more info on A Fyne Cowall 200 on 26 June - including the probable route.

I'll put up a separate thread later ...

You should do the Snow Roads next year, scook94, along with Seamab, HLab probably eldudino, Bhoyjim etc etc ... :biggrin:. It is within your abilities as they are just now :blush:.

I wish I'd been there this year :thumbsup:. My Mum said she was going for a B'Day tea on Saturday. On Thursday night she said she was postponing it till next Saturday. Keep us posted on the 200k, sounds interesting.

scook94

Veteran
scoosh said:
Not for me, thanks ... but I do have more info on A Fyne Cowall 200 on 26 June - including the probable route.

I'll put up a separate thread later ...

You should do the Snow Roads next year, scook94, along with Seamab, HLab probably eldudino, Bhoyjim etc etc ... :biggrin:. It is within your abilities as they are just now :blush:.

Scoosh, yeah if I keep up the training I'll be thinking of Snow Roads next year. Seems it may be the only way I'll get to meet Noodley!

26th is no use for me, have a dental appointment in the morning then meeting an old pal from school and we're going to get ridiculously drunk! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
eck

eck

Über Member
Mr Scoosh may be too modest to let on but when he finished (in a very respectable time) he seemed as fresh as a daisy. It's a hilly route, and the weather on Saturday didn't help, so extra kudos - bragging rights? - for doing this as his first 300k.

We had a good turn out, including a grupetto of YACFers who came up from Englandshire, so it would be great to see a few more CCers next year.;)

14 May 2011. Put it in your diary now.

Seamab

Noodley said:
Hopefully this year! I might give it another go in a few months...
Let us know when you plan to do this. You might get some company with all these tales of CC Ecoss'ers shaping up into prime condition.

Seamab

eck said:
Mr Scoosh may be too modest to let on but when he finished (in a very respectable time) he seemed as fresh as a daisy. .
He was obviously saving himself to join the nutters planning on the reverse 300K and was disappointed when they saw sense and abandoned.

scook94

Veteran
eck said:
Mr Scoosh may be too modest to let on but when he finished (in a very respectable time) he seemed as fresh as a daisy. It's a hilly route, and the weather on Saturday didn't help, so extra kudos - bragging rights? - for doing this as his first 300k.

We had a good turn out, including a grupetto of YACFers who came up from Englandshire, so it would be great to see a few more CCers next year.;)

I like that date! Just organised to take time off next year as I thought I'd be doing the Etape Caledonia that weekend! I have an alternative to aim for now! (Etape? - pfft!)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
eck said:
Mr Scoosh may be too modest to let on but when he finished (in a very respectable time) he seemed as fresh as a daisy.

;) :biggrin: :smile:

4577273225_a824d81ac9.jpg

It's in :thumbsup:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
scook94 said:
I like that date! Just organised to take time off next year as I thought I'd be doing the Etape Caledonia that weekend! I have an alternative to aim for now! (Etape? - pfft!)
Etape is on the Sunday ....

;) :biggrin:

scook94

Veteran
scoosh said:
Etape is on the Sunday ....

:biggrin: :smile:

I know! But I'll be doing Snow Roads the wrong way on the Sunday... (NOT)!

Anyway, given the choice and assuming I'm still fit enough next year I'd rather do Snow Roads - everyone does the Etape! ;)

ACS

Legendary Member
Just to add to the confusion I'm planning to have a meander around the Snow Roads in 2011. However, I will be adopting a more stately approach to the ride, taking time to eat and drink on route which is more than I did on the Deeside loop.

MrRidley

Depending on how things go at the Ken Laidlaw, i may have a peek at the SR, just a small one though, as i fear the logistics of doing the event and fitness will be my enemies.

OP
OP
eck

eck

Über Member
HLaB said:
Going by this year, the 14th of May is probably a bit too soon for me :sad: I was just finishing uni stuff.

Aye, 14 May is the date I was given by Audax UK for next year. It's to fit in the window for Paris - Brest - Paris qualifying events. Sorry if it messes up anyone's plans.
But just think how much more "fun" you can have, for a lot less* bawbees. :biggrin:

EDIT:*Now look, I know it should be "fewer bawbees", but that just doesn't sound right. OK pal? :angry:

Top Bottom