Kirriemuir Audaxes: 100k & 300k, Sat 5 June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Keith Oates said:
That's bad luck, Noodley, I hope you have now fully recovered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Keith. I'm still a bit gubbed, too tired and sore to go to bed so I have resorted to drinking large anounts of wine to numb the pain and help me sleep :laugh:

Stupid bloody thing is I had almost packed at the first control due to a sore ankle but after taking some pain killers and applying ibuprofen gel things got better...I'd been feeling great until a few minutes out of Dufftown and was sure scoosh and I would pass a few others within a short space of time and make it back to the final control well before the time I'd originally thought. I just hope scoosh made it...

That's cycling I suppose.

scook94

Veteran
Noodley said:
Just got a reply to text sent to eck - scoosh made it nae bother :biggrin:

:laugh:

Not surprised, but well done Scoosh and commiserations Noodley, sounds pretty rough and hope you're on the mend (although I'm not sure the wine would have helped!)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Noodley said:
Just got a reply to text sent to eck - scoosh made it nae bother :becool:

:biggrin:
Finished at 2224 :biggrin:, after 14hr 20 riding time. :laugh:

My guide/mentor/tug told me he couldn't go on, so told me to "Follow Gordon, he'll get you round". This I did,then took the front as we started up the Lecht, whereupon Gordon says "I'm doing a [Noodley], I can't go on" - and he packed :eek:. I got the message, so carried on - all alone :cry:.

Up and down, up and down, along the flat and, finally, the last run in to Kirrie.

Chuffed to big bits. xx(:hyper:

Drove back home this morning and, before I had even reached Dundee, was thinking about doing it again :rolleyes: next year.

For those who have wondered about doing it - yes, it is a long way; yes it has a lot of climbing; but if I can do it, all you fit young chaps can too :laugh: - and even the not-so-fit :biggrin:, not so young ;) !

Big thanks to Noodley for all his encouragement, guidance and wise counsel before and during the ride. Much appreciated :thumbsup:.

Noodley

scoosh said:
Big thanks to Noodley for all his encouragement, guidance and wise counsel before and during the ride. Much appreciated :sad:.

If only I had realised taking so many pain killers for my ankle would potentially be a problem...the general consensus from those I have spoken to is that taking lots of nurofen can play havoc. But I'll know this next time.

I'm fine today, no lasting effects of note other than a sore left knee - which is strange as it was my left ankle and (much later) my right knee which were causing my problems yesterday...and both of them are fine today :laugh:

Seamab

Well done Scoosh on a great achievement:bravo:

I'm sorry to have missed out but decided mid week after feeling poorly since the Deeside Loop that it would be unwise to enter such a challenging ride.
I went out on Sat and did a nice 60m run at decent pace but was stuffed after that. That would only have been a third of the Snow Roads! So, for once, common sense prevailed.

Sorry to hear about your DNF Noodley - that must be hard to take.

Hopefully next year...

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Well done Scoosh!!! :smile: :tongue::biggrin::smile:
Two domestiques riding themselves into the ground for you :ohmy:;)
So what's next? Ken Laidlaw?

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Noodley :sad: - in some way I am glad it's a side effect of the pain killers rather than anything more serious... Hope the ankle and knee (are these two issues related, with you trying to compensate and changing your pedalling action?) heal fast and you can get back on the bike soon!

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Telemark said:
Well done Scoosh!!! :thumbsup: :wacko::angry::becool:
Two domestiques riding themselves into the ground for you :ohmy:;) Mmmmm .... hadn't thought about it like that :blush:
So what's next? Ken Laidlaw?
T
Ken Laidlaw ? 170k, only 2,800m of climbing ? Hey, I've done the Snow Roads :thumbsup:, I can do a wee one like that ...

... surely :blush:

See bragging rights :becool: ?

scook94

Veteran
scoosh said:
Ken Laidlaw ? 170k, only 2,800m of climbing ? Hey, I've done the Snow Roads :biggrin:, I can do a wee one like that ...

... surely :smile:

See bragging rights :evil: ?

You can always do "Only For Softies" this Saturday...? (I would, but I'm on call :evil::biggrin: )

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
scook94 said:
You can always do "Only For Softies" this Saturday...? (I would, but I'm on call :blush::biggrin: )
Not for me, thanks ... but I do have more info on A Fyne Cowall 200 on 26 June - including the probable route.

I'll put up a separate thread later ...

You should do the Snow Roads next year, scook94, along with Seamab, HLab probably eldudino, Bhoyjim etc etc ... :biggrin:. It is within your abilities as they are just now :thumbsup:.

Top Bottom