Kirriemuir Audaxes: 100k & 300k, Sat 5 June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
eck

eck

Über Member
themightyw said:
Reckon I'm definitely up for the potter for tea, though might switch to the snow road if I'm feeling particularly bold... Have never cycled more than 100k to date though, but am doing London to Paris in 3 days 2 weeks after these events, so it might be a great wee leg buster just in advance :biggrin:

Chaps, sure The Snow Roads has a fair few uphill bits in it but, in the interests of equal opportunities, I've included several miles of flat bits and, for added value, some huuuuuge descents as well. So don't be put off by tales of it being a ride reserved for the hard men.
The time allowance is quite generous: starting at 6am on Saturday, you have until 2.04 on Sunday morning to get back, with plenty of cafe stops along the way. And remember you can kip in the hall beforehand and crash out there after the ride too, replete with beer and bridies.
Why would you not want to do this? :biggrin:

ACS

Legendary Member
eck said:
Chaps, sure The Snow Roads has a fair few uphill bits in it but, in the interests of equal opportunities, I've included several miles of flat bits and, for added value, some huuuuuge descents as well. So don't be put off by tales of it being a ride reserved for the hard men.
The time allowance is quite generous: starting at 6am on Saturday, you have until 2.04 on Sunday morning to get back, with plenty of cafe stops along the way. And remember you can kip in the hall beforehand and crash out there after the ride too, replete with beer and bridies.
Why would you not want to do this? :biggrin:

eck you soooooth talking person you. Even my rock solid resolution not to do the Snow Roads this year is wavering.

themightyw

What I wuss I am! I'm going to pull out of my plan to do the 300km. Since I'm due to be riding from London to Paris the next weekend I'd be gutted if I knackered myself or got injured. I'll definitely be up for the shorter ride though.

Noodley

My invitation extends to the budgie and the might of the W....slow down, take it easy, and I'll shout to you where to turn...my voice can carry over valleys as I struggle on behind...

I have not done *anything* due to being ill/injured for a couple of years but I reckon the challenge of navigating you guys round might just be enough to get me interested in it....

I might even give you a song....;)

OP
OP
eck

eck

Über Member
Noodley said:
My invitation extends to the budgie and the might of the W....slow down, take it easy, and I'll shout to you where to turn...my voice can carry over valleys as I struggle on behind...

I have not done *anything* due to being ill/injured for a couple of years but I reckon the challenge of navigating you guys round might just be enough to get me interested in it....

I might even give you a song....;)

Just don't let him have the macaroni cheese 'n' chips at Braemar. You will all regret it if you do. :smile:

ACS

Legendary Member
Noodley said:

I might even give you a song....:smile:

Just one song for the 300 km?

Something like "I know a song that will get on your nerves, get on your nerves. Oh, I know……” ;)

Noodley

Can those likely to take me up on the offer let me know soon as I will have to get myself sorted out as I really am not in much shape just now. It is a genuine offer, but I'd hate to let anyone down due to lack of fitness - I'll need to get my finger out to be able to ride 300k by early June!

I've done it often enough to know what's in store and reckon I can fit in enough to be able to do it...I tend to bugger about when I have nothing to focus on, but can get myself fit if I do have a target.

themightyw

I love the idea and would definitely be up for the challenge. However I genuinely think that with it being the weekend before my london to paris, which I've been setting my sights on for the last 6 months and training hard, I'd be daft to do something that would push me so hard. If it was a month earlier or later I'd be at it like a shot.

The most i've cycled to date is 100km so it just seems foolish to risk it :evil:

I'm studying for exams at the mo so my longest cycle this year has been limited to club runs (about 53 miles/80km). I wanted to see how I get on with the Etape, 130km before I committed to anything. I did just over 200km a couple of times last year but somehow I doubt I will be that fit just now.

ACS

Legendary Member
Noodley, thank you but I am going to pass this year, my target for this year has always been to complete a 200km and enjoy it, not do my usual crawl close on the time limit, grab a mug of tea then curl up in the corner and go to sleep. ;)

If you fancy a steady run around the P4T happy to get the coffees in. :girl:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Of course, I'm NOT READING this thread till mid-May .....

.... but am beginning to think a 300 might be good for this year ..... I need to see how I do on the 200 next Sunday ....

Better start training, ya slug :girl:

OP
OP
eck

eck

Über Member
sb, and others, it's very likely that a couple of local Angus riders will be doing the Snow Roads as a "permanent" ride, maybe a couple of weeks before the main event. They will NOT be fast, indeed they will be S L O W.

I'm sure, being a friendly sort of club, you'd be made most welcome.

themightyw

Thanks Noodley! I will certainly be doing this next year. BTW I am thinking of trying to up my longest mileage from 100km to 200km at the Canny Man in Dalmeny next weekend - 200km... Any of you fine fellows considering it?

I really fancied the 300 whilst I was still semi fit unfortunately I just realised (Doh) its my mums birthday on the 5th of June. The twa wee coonties ride the next day unfortunately is a bit short and too close to home. Perhaps I could try the Pitlochry 200 (15th Aug), we'll see. I'm no soft enough for the Edinburgh 600 ;-)

Top Bottom