Kirriemuir Audaxes: 100k & 300k, Sat 5 June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
eck

eck

Über Member
Heads up Sportsfans!

Here's the deal: I'm not going to be precious about enforcing the two week deadline for entries but, if you want to ride, we need to know by Weds 2nd June. A PM or email will be fine, and you can bring your entry form with you on the day but, if you just turn up unannounced, you won't be able to enter. We have a fairly healthy level of entries already for the Snow Roads.

If you want to stay over in our well-appointed village hall, we are proposing a charge of £7 for Friday night, to include a simple pasta supper and also breakfast on Saturday; £5 for overnight on Saturday, including Sunday breakfast. Or a bargain package of £10 for both nights. Beer 'n' bridies etc on Saturday night is included in the entry fee. The hire of the hall for the overnights is the biggest cost of the whole weekend. The controls are all primed, the hall booked, etc etc....
thumbsup.gif

If anyone wants any local info on accommodation, campsites etc, feel free to get in touch. I'm aiming to get routesheets etc out later this week to those who have already entered.

I rode round the Potter for Tea route a few days ago, and Mrs eck and I did the Snow Roads route recce yesterday by car and, yes, all the climbs are still there!
Evil.gif

themightyw

Count this wuss in for the potter. I was incredibly organised and printed off the form / cheque etc two weeks ago. Sadly my remarkable efforts in forward planning hasn't extended to finding a post box yet.

Seamab

Out of interest - what are the climbs on the Snow Roads? And in what order do they come? What would be the order of brutality of these climbs?:biggrin:

Some of it must be similar to the Deeside Loop audax.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Seamab said:
Out of interest - what are the climbs on the Snow Roads? And in what order do they come? What would be the order of brutality of these climbs?:smile:

He's taking the bait, eck ..... :biggrin:

Seamab

scoosh said:
He's taking the bait, eck ..... :biggrin:

Have you taken the bait?

I'm just finding out for a friend of mine you know....

I'm quite keen to do it in a way but not sure i can manage the distance especially with all those chevrons liberally splashed all over it.

ACS

Legendary Member
I'm in for the Deeside loop so competition for the lanterne rouge may be quite stiff. In fact I have just rooted out my lights as the final contol closes at about sunset. 13 hours to get round mmmmmmmmmmmm

OP
OP
eck

eck

Über Member
Seamab said:
Out of interest - what are the climbs on the Snow Roads? And in what order do they come? What would be the order of brutality of these climbs?:laugh:

Seamab,, you can tell your friend that, yes, the first and last bits are indeed the same as the Deeside Loop: they go over Cairn o'Mount, swing off toward Aboyne, Snow Roads goes out to Banchory. The Deeside Loop goes, strangely enough, along Deeside, to Braemar, over the Cairnwell then back down Glenisla. Snow Roads goes from Banchory, up to Rhynie, over the Cabrach to Dufftown, then towards Tomintoul, over the Lecht and two other "scenic" bits before joining the Deeside road about 15k before Braemar.

We have 4800 meters of climbing on the Snow Roads, the route is on bikely here:www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/The-Snow-Roads

You your friend will love it.

themightyw

satans budgie said:
I have just rooted out my lights as the final contol closes at about sunset.

My wife booked dinner for 7.30pm in St Andrews.... she doesn't understand why I've been calling her the Broom Wagon for the last few days...

viniga

Guru
Seamab said:
I'm quite keen to do it in a way but not sure i can manage the distance especially with all those chevrons liberally splashed all over it.

You climb faster than me in a fixie than I do on a geared bike!!! Chevrons are not your enemy. Go on... get in there! I would be right behind you, but I have an excuse :becool:

Noodley

HLaB said:
What happened?

Stomach cramps just after Dufftown resulted in me not being able to cycle due to the pain...end result was me deciding to pack at the Lecht after having had to walk, even on some flat roads :biggrin: First time I've not made it up the Lecht as well :smile:

The thunderstorm which hit whilst I was walking up the Lecht finally made my mind up...I carried on til Braemar where I was rescued by Mrs Noodley. I was not a pretty sight by then, physically shattered and a blue/grey colour. Mrs N had to strip my of my cycling clothes as I could barely move :ohmy:

And I let scoosh down big-time as I had said I'd get him round his first 300...he was going strong and I told him to hook up with another rider and leave me; he was reluctant to do this, but eventually relented. I hope he makes it as he was putting in an exceptional show.

Top Bottom