Kitchen gadgets you’ve just discovered.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I spent years looking for a new frying pan to replace mine before the handle falls off, but couldn't find anyone selling them with lids (bar one or two cheap crappy ones). Eventually, I gave up and decided to buy a pan with no lid before I get scalded, then spent an hour or so enlarging the lid from the old pan to fit the new one. No sooner had I finished the job than I discovered that Amazon sell pan lids separately from the pans....
Often lids from the pots you have already got will fit frying pans too: have an experiment!
I once watched a black guy at Cheltenham YMCA open a tin really quickly and slickly, with an 8" kitchen knife. Presumably he'd grown up in a country where tin openers were a luxury.
I'm an European white lass, I have that skill too.
Even though there are plenty of can openers in Europe, readily available for pennies :whistle: one just has that skill, it's inbred :tongue:
Very handy if you are camping, or indeed when a tin opener is required but you don't have one at hand.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I don't have a toaster.

(No, really, I don't)

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm an European white lass, I have that skill too.
Even though there are plenty of can openers in Europe, readily available for pennies :whistle: one just has that skill, it's inbred :tongue:
Very handy if you are camping, or indeed when a tin opener is required but you don't have one at hand.

I think my wife might turn her kitchen knives on me if she caught me using them to open tins.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Releasing the vacuum with a bottle opener normally allows a jar to be opened IME.

Or shock the thread by whacking the rim of the lid on a hard surface.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Do you eat bread of any kind?
Aye, plenty, didn't I say I make toasted wraps on the brownie toaster?
It's just toast I don't like.
Us continentals don't eat toast with butter etc.
However, we eat cold toast at breakfast, dunk it in a hot beverage, or indeed with butter, jam or nutella.
You buy in a packet, like biscuits: here
I don't like those either :laugh:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
1000026795.jpg

The serrated bits for opening small jars & bottles are darn handy sometimes 👍

Top Bottom