knee pain after cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

naffets

hi, new to the site wondered if anyone had any advice? 3 weeks ago after a 100 mile sportif the day after i had pain under the patella mostly when bending or walking down stairs.i noticed the cleat was slightly loose which may have put my knee out of true. wearing off a little through the week then i went out on the sunday clubrun bringing back the pain:sad:.if anyone has experienced anything similiar could they let me know the best way to go about training without damaging my knee thanks stef,

Frontal knee pain can have a few causes from pushing too high a gear, or to low a cadence or saddle too low or seat to far forward. If you've got one leg slightly longer than the other it can be a cause too, normally solved with shims on the cleat. If the cleat came loose and your foot moved that could be the answer.

Re-check your set up, keep your cadence high and do some googling to see about anterior knee pain in cycling.

I had problems with my it band last year and I tried to struggle through it :evil: it floored me for months though and I had to see a physio. A year later the symptoms came back again coincidentally at the same time this article come out, part 1, part 2 I thought it was a good article and because I recognised the symptoms I was able to ease off for a few weeks and treat it quickly like they suggest.

OP
OP
naffets

naffets

thanks for the replies and gen! with all the various symptoms still unsure how i came about the injury from set up to overuse to muscles? but looks like rest is the way forward

Top Bottom