Knee pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
X-ray doesn’t show soft tissue issues :smile:

indeed thats what i was pertaining too as as @pip001 seems to have worse symptoms than me so another x ray might show any changes, if not then the next step is to try and get a referral for an mri like i did .I went through the whole physio routine through work on site centre who did the referral.
If you decide to go private it all depends on whether you have an insurance plan that will cover it or if paying privately i would assume you would still need to see the consultant first who would recommend a scan .

pip001

Regular
they refused my request for another xray.

pip001

Regular
i would be paying for my treatment if i went private.looking at the cost i might have to endure the 12 weeks of physio to get a referall.really couldnt get thro to the physio at all.looking like 12 weeks on cocodamols at least.he talked to me like i was an overweight lazy person of which i,m not.very frustrating it was.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Update
2 weeks post surgery now so had a follow up with the consultant who was very pleased with the progress and has signed me off to continue recovery in the hands of the physio.
He did mention i have a split in the front meniscus too but that's fairly common and he has one that's worse , hes doing mount ventoux soon so i don't have much to worry about .
Knee slightly swollen around where the holes were and still a bit niggly where it was damaged although compared to how i was its a lot better and i can walk with only a slight limp atm.
Cycling power is ramping up and weight exercises and getting there plus the next week will be complete rest , just getting fat as when off work especially when i cant train i nibble and have the odd beer.It will drop off as soon as im back to work routine .

vickster

Legendary Member
Knee slightly swollen around where the holes were and still a bit niggly where it was damaged although compared to how i was its a lot better and i can walk with only a slight limp atm.

My surgeon told me recently that/the scar tissue can take a year to resolve. I’m 7 months and still puffy around the lateral portal, most obvious with a straight knee (well as straight as it’ll go :rolleyes: )

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

My surgeon told me recently that/the scar tissue can take a year to resolve. I’m 7 months and still puffy around the lateral portal, most obvious with a straight knee (well as straight as it’ll go :rolleyes: )

struggle to stretch the quad atm

ianbarton

Veteran

In my experience with several different fractures, surgeons tend to veer towards the maximum likely recovery time. If you are generally fit you will probably recover more quickly. Not being overweight and generally fit before the procedure helps recovery a lot.

vickster

Legendary Member
In my experience with several different fractures, surgeons tend to veer towards the maximum likely recovery time. If you are generally fit you will probably recover more quickly. Not being overweight and generally fit before the procedure helps recovery a lot.
I was talking about scar tissue around portals, not functional recovery

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
i can do hamstring , it the flexion of the joint feeling tight around the scars thats an issue .Its doable but not pleasant

Probably still got swelling in the joint, the little holes don’t show that the knee has been traumatised. Ice compression ice ice ice :smile:

Top Bottom