Knee pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
choice of spinal epidural or general ?
Uhm , leaning towards general unless folk have more information about epidural

I’ve only had general and my surgeon has never suggested otherwise, although given my heart issues after the last op, I might reconsider for something relatively minor like arthroscopy. Certainly general for anything involving bone cutting Though!
if unsure, go with the anaesthetist’s recommendation

ianbarton

Veteran
choice of spinal epidural or general ?
Uhm , leaning towards general unless folk have more information about epidural

I had an epidural for my recent knee operation. I like to know what's going on! They put a screen using a sheet just in front of me, so I couldn't see exactly what was happening. The consultant gave a bit of a running commentary, so I had an idea about what was going on. I have only had generals twice, but I always worry about the unlikely event I wouldn't wake up.

The epidural lasted about four hours. It was quite weird not being able to feel or move my legs at all.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Waiting.
Doc making sure what leg to peg ...

Attachments

• 16904445622198868560351715009510.jpg
    16904445622198868560351715009510.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 4

ianbarton

Veteran
Waiting to be let out

Don't you have to wear one of those cricket pad thingies? With my particular operation, I had to wear one for two weeks to prevent me from articulating my knee when hobbling along with crutches.

I hope the operation has fixed your problem.

vickster

Legendary Member
Don't you have to wear one of those cricket pad thingies? With my particular operation, I had to wear one for two weeks to prevent me from articulating my knee when hobbling along with crutches.

I hope the operation has fixed your problem.

Not for a simple tidy up of meniscus scope. Should be mostly full weight bearing with crutches (one of my 6 scopes involving some meaty patches of microfracture led to partial weight bear which was a pain, the rest were FWB). Didn't you have a patella osteotomy where big things are cut and moved, so stands to reason it all needs to be held firmly in place? The days of plaster casts for such things are mostly long gone!
The bandage looks a bit small (or maybe the massive wadding has been removed already)

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

only 2 keyhole holes so thats all i need for 2 days then a dressing is all i need and of course a new bike ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Heart rate when resting on adrenaline shot from the procedure was 46 bpm ;)

They get a bit worried with low HR's - I know on my shouder op it went very low, and then it took them a bit to wake me up - I just said 'oh sorry for the mess (blood on pillow), I was having a lovely dream'. HR had been about 40 bpm. That said, mine drops to that overnight with a smart watch on !

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

there is a hole in my leg dear liza dear liza !
bandages off and just need to wash it to get the steri strips off , no real pain just feels stiff when sitting and walking although uncomfy feels a lot better .Managed to mow the lawn last night

1690704818372.png

vickster

Legendary Member
Are you meant to take the steris off so soon? Mine weren’t taken off for at least a week at the hospital wound check, indeed one needed a few more days. I’ve never removed myself :scratch:

Top Bottom