Knee pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Kneeling also bad for sore knees…avoid ;)

indeed , couldnt be helped .When i was painting the picket fence i even sat on a stool . sitting cross legged isnt nice either .

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Update
not doing a sportive tomorrow , im sad as it would have been my 1st imperial century ride of the year but the physio agreed probably not a good idea atm .

Hope you don't mind if I jump on this thread but I've started having an issue with my right knee in that I can't seem to do a squat anymore. Also, if I sit for a while, I hobble for a few steps then everything is fine, I can walk for miles after. I even climbed a set of steps up to a castle in Nafplio in Greece last week, 973 up and 973 down again

I can do high cadence spins on the turbo with no ill effect and can ride the bike no problem so have no idea what the problem is. I don't have on-going pain or anything like that.

I am 56 so not in the first flush of youth!

Any advice greatly available

vickster

Legendary Member
Hope you don't mind if I jump on this thread but I've started having an issue with my right knee in that I can't seem to do a squat anymore. Also, if I sit for a while, I hobble for a few steps then everything is fine, I can walk for miles after. I even climbed a set of steps up to a castle in Nafplio in Greece last week, 973 up and 973 down again

I can do high cadence spins on the turbo with no ill effect and can ride the bike no problem so have no idea what the problem is. I don't have on-going pain or anything like that.

Get assessed by a physio :thumbsup:
(NHS you’ll usually need a GP referral and then wait or pay £60 or so and see a private sports physio)

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
binned the idea of riding at all today :sad:
definite swelling last night so took the hard choice which is a pity as its ruddy lovely weather

What has the physio diagnosed? Assume you’re icing? Using anti inflammatory?
Go for a slow gentle ride, cycling doesn’t have to be smashing it up hills, if I didn’t ride when my knees are sore and swollen I’d never ride!

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

What has the physio diagnosed? Assume you’re icing? Using anti inflammatory?
Go for a slow gentle ride, cycling doesn’t have to be smashing it up hills, if I didn’t ride when my knees are sore and swollen I’d never ride!

it would have been a smash fest if i had gone with mate he did a 100 in 5 and a half hours last week !!, i can ride at a normal pace without issues but tbh i have a bucketload of jobs around the house to do .
Physio thinks it maybe degeneration of the cartilage but havent got the consultant appointment till 22nd

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I'm 51 and i've had some very slight and occasional knee 'inflammation' and not feeling 100% for some time. Likely the result of a very low speed off-road motorcycle incident probably 10+ years ago where that knee took quite a lateral jarring (Against the normal bending action).

Last months to 6-weeks its not been painful - but i've been aware it's not been right. The last few weeks i've purposely done little exercise outside of work in order to not aggravate / stress it unduly. My new-found; but self-induced immobility (Mainly through doubt ?) has been quite depressing if i'm honest. And i've soon realised how much i truly cherish being outside in my own free time......

Today is stage 1; as i've booked in Privately for a full knee assessment and written report of where i need to go from here. Wish me luck !

vickster

Legendary Member
Today is stage 1; as i've booked in Privately for a full knee assessment and written report of where i need to go from here. Wish me luck !
Physio? Orthopaedic surgeon?
Let us know what they say.
Hopefully your prognosis is better than mine! I’m not yet 51

Saw a physio today and luckily for me, it's a rather minor issue caused by tight glutes! I've been given some stretching exercises which will loosen the muscles and thereby reducing the stress on my knee and everything should return to normal. I don't if it was a sales pitch but he saidI had done the correct thing by arranging an appointment.

But by far the worse part of the consultation was when he did some acupuncture on me bum - ouchy lol

Top Bottom