Knee pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Hope all the knee-sufferers are doing ok ?

After much messing about, me religiously doing knee strengthening exercises twice a day for the last 2 weeks after being told my knee is weak. Possibly through over exercise (Feels significantly better now….coincidence?) I finally got an appt with the Physio I really wanted to see tomorrow due to a cancellation. Yay 😎

Miniscus has also been mentioned 😳 Wish me luck….

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
took a day of complete rest yesterday and my knee is feeling a lot better , still a niggle but not pain .Much as i hate to admit it being on my feet all day at work doesnt do it any good and too much cycling doesnt let it rest

vickster

Legendary Member
took a day of complete rest yesterday and my knee is feeling a lot better , still a niggle but not pain .Much as i hate to admit it being on my feet all day at work doesnt do it any good and too much cycling doesnt let it rest

Ask your physio for advice about a knee support to use at work. When you have breaks are you able to ice the knee and elevate?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

Back from my holiday and knee is much better but I’d hardly said I’d rested . Mine seems to inflame from time to time . Knee support helped but not all knee supports are equal !

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD

Me to a Tee. (I’m 51).

Had my first proper recovery / massage / education / exercise and manipulation plan going forward session with a local and fantastic Physio yesterday. After having some sporadic issues for the last two months: and feeling it so much after work - that doing further exercise for pleasure after worried me stupid…..

Good news is apparently my knee is reacting to me walking with uneven hips 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ causing me to put excess pressure on my whole right side. My knee crying out in protest first.

But yes - if you’re super mobile / physical at work: with age: it soon eats into the not at work time too !

Best of luck with your meniscus 🤞

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Just made an appt to see the doc about my knee . Been in a hell of alot of pain this week . Worst it’s been . Been chucking pain killers down me all week. Today however is pain free ?! Had a scan just before covid hit and I had mild osteoarthritis in the right knee , no miniscus, cut away nearly 20yr ago . Still too young for a new knee, way to go I think . Do steroid injections work for a while ?

I'm a doctor (though I would trust a physio more than me!). Been interesting reading thread from start to finish and making my own provisionsal diagnoses as I go along. I don't do knee injections but my colleagues do. Can be difficult to predict if they will help. Some people have .months of benefit, others very little. Only real reason not to get it done is if you would have an operation in next 3 months as it affects healing.

Good luck and hope everyone else is on the mend

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm a doctor (though I would trust a physio more than me!). Been interesting reading thread from start to finish and making my own provisionsal diagnoses as I go along. I don't do knee injections but my colleagues do. Can be difficult to predict if they will help. Some people have .months of benefit, others very little. Only real reason not to get it done is if you would have an operation in next 3 months as it affects healing.

I’ve been told minimum 6 months between injection and TKR (not that I want the latter!) by surgeon

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks

The injection did nothing at all for me, had it some time after my first operation. I've had 2 knee operations, a high tibial osteotomy that included another procedure to fill in a large part of my medial condyle that had broken away with synthetic plugs. This never worked, In no pain though, but can't run and my knee feels like a foreign body and is kind of numb. Sure one day it will just give up. On my feet 12 hours a shift at work. Now I'm older when it goes the next step would be a full knee replacement (which was told would've done in first place if I was older). Something want to avoid at all costs, as never felt pain as bad following the first operation. Then again I'm a bit of a wuss with pain.

Also had another operation to see why my knee hadn't healed and to remove the titanium plate that was fitted when my tibia was broken during the osteotomy, to see if this was causing issues. First operation was in 2010, so can't complain. Although the surgeon told me I'd be back up on the fells again in no time... Something simply can't do anymore. Can cycle (if not too hilly), swim, or row. Just have to make the most of what you've got really if possible with dodgy knee(s).

Hope other peoples get sorted without surgery, or without really invasive surgery. I always wear a decent knee support, find it hard work without one.

Top Bottom