knees hitting the dropbar ends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
Longer stem?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
sounds like an adult bike rather than child size !

Pish taking aside, it does sound like the bike is a bit small, or at least set up too small for you

OP
OP
Torvi

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
it's 51cm frame bike im 176cm high, handlebars does really seem thin when im looking at them from when i sprint. might be worth to mention i also lean forward alot while sprinting, before it wasnt happeing.

There is obviously something wrong with your riding position :- either your seat is too far forward , the bars are too near or too narrow , Can I suggest a photo of you on the bike might give us a clue in helping you out .

The starting point to set up your ideal riding position is
The distance from the nose of the saddle to the bars should be the distance from the back of your elbow to your finger tips away , with your knee directly above the pedal spindle in the forward position , .the standard bar width on a small frame could be a lot narrower than you need , the trend when I was racing was to have a small frame as they were more rigid.

regards emma

OP
OP
Torvi

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
it is my first road bike so might be right that i went into too small frame, whatever :smile: im already looking after some better bike :smile:

@voyager read my 1st post once again it's written there standing-sprint nothing wrong happens on sitting position but when i sprint off the saddle i tend to lean very hard forward and there my knees hits ends

I read your first post first ...

..the comments made are to get your bars in the right position !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

regards emma

OP
OP
Torvi

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
v6lu0c0l.jpg

yes i know messy room.

Assuming the saddle is in the right position I have to agree that the frame looks too small for you
4 or 5 inches of seat pin was the ideal setting when l was racing , bars look too low , an inch chopped off the rear of the bars might be a temporary fix .

regards emma

OP
OP
Torvi

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
like i said im going to get a better bike anyway, its stock halfords budget bike 14sp, now im aiming for 22sp carbon. 105 11sp groupsets aint that bad as i read and totally pointless to go dura, im just cycling for enjoyement not for begin pro... for now.

Top Bottom