knocked off by a car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
hate that, hate the set piece accident where everyone is in the right place and doing the right thing and then someone cocks up

I think you have to report it fella, even if the police end up doing effectively nothing

Cab

Just has to be reported to the police.

domtyler

Über Member
You should have bitten him or scratched at his eyes. At the very least swung your handbag at the brute!

Report, report, report. Otherwise nothing will ever change.

Also feel free to post the whole registration number. There is nothing wrong in doing that and it means others can keep a look out for it.

Did you put the registration number into the RAC chceker?

It is of course possible that he didn't see you and do it on purpose - he maybe looked in your direction, looked right past you, didn't notice you.
(mistake 1)

And then did a runner because he panicked.
(mistake 2)

So perhaps rather than you being afraid of him hunting you down, he's at home or work or somewhere worried sick that you're going after him.

Either way though, definitely report to police : he was at fault in the collision, he left the scene.

johnsienk

Sorry to hear about that:sad:

What I could add is this: get a helmet cam. They are RIDICULOUSLY cheap now.

Just recently I read a post on this forum where a woman was threatened with a "punch in the face" (no helmet cam:sad:, hence the moron can continue on driving the streets freely), or where a Volvo driver tried to deny liability till he was told about the helmet cam recording of the accident.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Doesn't sound like it was malicious, more without due care and attention, either way you should still report it. Obviously the driver was a coward, driving off with out bothering to check if you were OK. Definitely should have been reported, failing to stop after an accident is also an offence.

sloe

By now he'll be thinking he's got away with it, so you've maximised your fun that way. So now's the time to get the boys in blue to rap on his door.

I always find my responsible citizen act gets a sympathetic response from Plod. Mind you I don't live in London. But even if they just gave him a warning he's on record and he'll know it.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Usually happens that the runaways have something else to hide.

I went out in the car about 2 minutes after hearing a 'bump' outside. Guy had been 'road raging' against another car and then tried to overtake him as they both entered a left hand junction into our housing estate.
He'd failed to make the corner, mounted the kerb, hit a brick wall (which he had got stuck on top of) of which part had flown off and hit the Jag parked at the other side...:blush:

The home owners were out and were helping get the car off the wall, which was when I was passing.

Soon as the car was free, it shot off.:smile:

His only problem was he didn't see me emerging from the junction just behind him.:smile:

So 5 mins later when I get back from the shop I pop round, plods there and they get taken up the road, following the trail of water from the broken radiator to a right turn 1/2 a mile up the road and to a driveway that is strangely wet for a dry day:biggrin::biggrin:

Found out he was not only banned for drink driving, he was on his way back from the pub......:sad::biggrin:!

Top Bottom