Knog Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Which Knog lights would anyone reccomend? I already have a Backupz rear light on my helmet but I would like some lights that are good enough to put on the kids bikes - not looking to see by these lights but I would like it to be more than just a small dot of light.

thomas

the tank engine
I guess go for the one with the most LEDS :tongue:

yenrod

Knog Bullfrog for moi - http://www.knog.com.au/ProductDetails.aspx?productId=160

image.aspx

Theirs 1 flash mode, on it, that reminds me of a 'traffic cone flash' - may use for a grin one day !

:smile:

thomas

the tank engine
Llama said:
knog IMHO are very overpriced - why not get a decent rear light - for the prize sum of £8

Neither of those lights would fit on my helmet.

Knogs, though a little expensive, are suprisingly good. Even the single LED ones.

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I have dozens of the smart ones (ordered another 2 yest) - but it was based on a comment by John the Monkey a couple of weeks ago about being able to share a light.

All my kids have the smart bracket fitted on their bikes and a nano one on the front, and I often carry a spare smart light but that's not much good if the other person doesn't have a bracket. It is not so much for my kids but sometimes those they might be cycling with, or when a friend runs out of batteries on their light - last time that happened they had to come back and borrow batteries from me.

Llama

Veteran
summerdays said:
Which Knog lights would anyone reccomend? I already have a Backupz rear light on my helmet but I would like some lights that are good enough to put on the kids bikes - not looking to see by these lights but I would like it to be more than just a small dot of light.

are you looking for lights to fit on your helmet and on your kids bikes?

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Not my helmet - I already have a backupz there which I like. It is more to have as a spare on my bike when I forget to bring their bike lights or if we are riding with friends children that I could put on their bike. I'm assuming that the Knogs have good side view/glow due to the translucent outer - so it would add a different dimension to my existing lights.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
summerdays said:
Not my helmet - I already have a backupz there which I like. It is more to have as a spare on my bike when I forget to bring their bike lights or if we are riding with friends children that I could put on their bike. I'm assuming that the Knogs have good side view/glow due to the translucent outer - so it would add a different dimension to my existing lights.

Not really much side view. Having been out on dark rides with quite a few people using knogs I would say the rears works quite well and as other people have said helmets and other funny places. I don't think the front knogs are much good though. Just my impressions.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
marinyork said:
I don't think the front knogs are much good though. Just my impressions.
I like mine (a 5 led "Bull frog").

With the translucent casing, it seems to me to give decent enough light spill to the side. On the Brompton, it's mounted so the light is vertical (on the stem) which helps, I think. There is a variant that allows the light to be mounted horizontally, but with the leds/casing vertical (can't remember what knog call it though).

The huge plus of them, to my mind, is the way the light mounts - no need for extra bike brackets, just chuck them on.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
John the Monkey said:
I like mine (a 5 led "Bull frog").

With the translucent casing, it seems to me to give decent enough light spill to the side. On the Brompton, it's mounted so the light is vertical (on the stem) which helps, I think. There is a variant that allows the light to be mounted horizontally, but with the leds/casing vertical (can't remember what knog call it though).

The huge plus of them, to my mind, is the way the light mounts - no need for extra bike brackets, just chuck them on.

I have two universal front lights that can go on the front of anybody's bike. They aren't manufactured any more though apparently. The better front knogs are a lot better but they costs a fortune, about £18! I can see what they are doing with the other ones particularly the frog.

Top Bottom