knogg lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The bottom pair of batteries in particular are a tight fit and you need a small screwdriver or similar to dislodge them.
Trap a small ribbon (or cut end of cable tie or whatever) under them and pull both ends of the ribbon to extract the batteries. Please take care with screwdrivers around batteries - it only takes one stab or crack to get messy. DAMHIK :smile:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Trap a small ribbon (or cut end of cable tie or whatever) under them and pull both ends of the ribbon to extract the batteries. Please take care with screwdrivers around batteries - it only takes one stab or crack to get messy. DAMHIK :smile:

Hadn't thought of that, although why I don't know as batteries in the house smoke alarms have such a ribbon. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Jody

Stubborn git
Can't add to the cr2032 discussion, but wanted to defend my Knog! I've got a Knog Blinder 2 which I got from PlanetX during one of their many sales ... and I quite like it. Had it since Feb. Good things: rechargeable, rubber strap thingy works well for me (though it obviously has a life span), very bright for its size - enough light to cycle unlit roads in the dark. Main downsides: as someone else said, beam shape isn't ideal so you need to aim low to avoid dazzling if around other road users, and side visibility is really poor. Not had any problems with water - it's been soaked regularly and has coped fine so far.

Same here. Got a pair of Blinder 1's and they have been great for the money. The strap has taken some abuse for the rear as its stretched beyond the limit and attached to back of my lid. For £8 you can't go wrong

One for the fans

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIKNGEF/knog-gekko-front-light

Head out the door, it's dark, cool thing that you are, strap on your knog, arrive at your cool venue, snap it off (while discretely checking for admiring glances) and slip it in your pocket or cool bag. Evening over, back to the bike, oh **** the batteries are flat because the cretinously designed upstanding button has meant the light has been turned on more than you all night. And replacing the batteries is a rubberised nightmare. If these twonks ever design condoms or sex aids we're all ***ed.

Super cute, as planet x say.

keithmac

Guru
Cheap button batteries aren't worth the cardboard they're stuck to, those Duracell look good value, won't leak and will probably last 10 times longer.

My Gtech rear uses the CR buttons, will see how long a pair last (seems very bright for what it is..).

the_mikey

Legendary Member
The rubber mounts on the Blinder range seem to do the job quite well, however for bigger heavier lights I'd prefer a solid mount.

Top Bottom