knogg lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That happened to me - it broke within 2 hours of fitting to the seat post and never got to venture outside. However I glad it failed when it did rather than leave me blissfully unaware my back light had disappeared whilst out on the road in the dark.

Nice to look at, but crap design and materials. For the money, there are far better manufacturer out there

Agree totally.

Knog lights are some of the worst around. I bought two. Not worth putting batteries in. And don't get me started on their useless looking lock. I dread to think what sort of bike they would inflict on the unwary. OP, i fear your post does your gender no favours.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I'm sure you are, but I don't think you'll fit on my handlebar
Ha ha ha, you might be right there ;)

LetMeEatCake

Knog lights are some of the worst around.
Can't add to the cr2032 discussion, but wanted to defend my Knog! I've got a Knog Blinder 2 which I got from PlanetX during one of their many sales ... and I quite like it. Had it since Feb. Good things: rechargeable, rubber strap thingy works well for me (though it obviously has a life span), very bright for its size - enough light to cycle unlit roads in the dark. Main downsides: as someone else said, beam shape isn't ideal so you need to aim low to avoid dazzling if around other road users, and side visibility is really poor. Not had any problems with water - it's been soaked regularly and has coped fine so far.

To be honest, my experience of knoggs is from the previous generation. But i veer away from anything using "blinder" in its branding. Mistrust their rubber band mounts and have an idea from seeing many of their products that they are way too keen to be seen as trendy.

This is a good deal for £24, great for seeing and being seen. Enough light for dark areas and a great pulsing mode for daylight running
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bik...yne-micro-drive-400-xl-front-bike-light-black

Attachments

• lezyne-micro-drive-400xl-front-light_L-1-LED-2-V204.jpg
    lezyne-micro-drive-400xl-front-light_L-1-LED-2-V204.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 36

Diggs

Veteran
That happened to me - it broke within 2 hours of fitting to the seat post and never got to venture outside. However I glad it failed when it did rather than leave me blissfully unaware my back light had disappeared whilst out on the road in the dark.

Nice to look at, but crap design and materials. For the money, there are far better manufacturer out there
Yep same here,they sent me a replacement free but that didn't last long either.
Much happier with my Lezyne ones

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
To be honest, my experience of knoggs is from the previous generation. But i veer away from anything using "blinder" in its branding. Mistrust their rubber band mounts and have an idea from seeing many of their products that they are way too keen to be seen as trendy.

yep both my blinders mounting tore/snapped. Binned and will not buy again.

vickster

Legendary Member
yep both my blinders mounting tore/snapped. Binned and will not buy again.
I had the same happen to the rubber attachment for my Lezyne rear, can get a replacement but not cheap. I like the fronts, the rear is hard to mount except on a seat post which is rarely visible on my bikes, thanks to racks,or saddle bags

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I have a Cateye EL220 as one of my lights. Currently £20 at Halfords with a rear light, which would leave you money to spend on other goodies. It has a decent battery life, and has strobe or fixed mode. For well lit roads, the light is more than adequate for you to be seen. It will also illuminate the road surface on dark unlit roads and where the ambient lighting doesn't properly illuminate the road surface.
I don't know whether it is due to the way the leds are arranged and/or the shape of the lens, but it seems to me to have an odd light pattern if you are used to a circular light. - There is a concentrated area, but not a concentrated as you would find with a circular torch, (if that makes sense). Because of that I wouldn't barrel along a dark or poorly lit road with it as my sole torch, but for steady riding it does the job.
Mine takes 4 AA batteries stacked in two pairs and can use rechargeables, Never had any water ingress problems as certainly on mine, the whole of the battery compartment is a tight fit, from the sliding compartment lid to the batteries. The bottom pair of batteries in particular are a tight fit and you need a small screwdriver or similar to dislodge them.

Top Bottom