know your wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

peanut tried to bring this through the catflap tonight sideways and failed . It was almost as big as his head. God knows how he carried it home .

We had to look it up to be sure but what do you reckon it is ?
Answers on a postcard to.....:smile:

Peanut has a 100% success rate and can be hired for as little as £3.00 per day plus all the salmon and chicken he can eat;)
vole.jpg

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Water vole?
Not a rat, bit fat to be one of those isnt it, and not long enough?

I should of taken a picture of the mole killer that was on a campsite we were on in France. We asked him at about mid day how many he had caught and i think he said 36 one time, and he would be trapping into the evening. He was great, couldnt speak any English, but he showed us the moles he had caught, even let us poke them and shwoed us the traps he had.
Anyway, enough of that, its a water vole i say. And if it isnt, then it damn well should be!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's quite big..saw one that was bigger in Fallowfield a couple of weeks ago..(huge honest)

Don't get them where I live..too many cats........

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
fossyant said:
Joe you are probably right....rat's are longer.........

Well normaly when ive seen a rat or killed one, they look fat huddled up, but when layed out they are pretty thin and long.
Might not be though:wacko:
I think it was a water vole i saw in France aswell, or is was something else, and that was pretty darn big.

Noodley

Wee Joe might be right (for a change :thumbsup:)

"Ratty" from Wind in the Willows was a Water Vole IIRC.

And it deffo not a rat.

One of a pair of slippers?

dav1d

My guess is a gerbil. A pregnant gerbil cos of the size of it. I'm probably wrong on both counts though.

OP
OP
P

peanut

nope your all wrong its a hampster disguised as a water vole :biggrin: also commonly called water rats ? :thumbsup:

Peanut usually brings stuff home alive in the wee hours and deposits it on my bare chest in the dark I'm quite pleased that it expired before he worked out how to get it through the cat flap.:becool:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Peanut is very generous towards his bigger family members. Does he also do the washing and ironing?

OP
OP
P

peanut

Rigid Raider said:
Peanut is very generous towards his bigger family members. Does he also do the washing and ironing?

No but he is particularly adept at pressing my clothes if I leave them lying around and he can keep my papers and stuff from flying off my desk.
He is currently learning to use the PC keyboard :thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I reckoned water vole before you said so...

Could you have a word with Peanut and get him bring in less endangered species? I mean, he can take all the Brown and Black Rats he likes, there's enough of them, but Water Voles have enough to contend with, with Mink...

Top Bottom