Konichiwa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
:hungry:
imgres

I must say, I do like a nice Bento.

So do I. Fray Bentos.

Bento refers not to a particular dish but any takeaway meal in box for a single person. It can be any variety of dishes with steamed rice as the usual staple.

Slioch

Guru
I've been to Japanese restaurants and really enjoyed the food, but eating anything with eyes, which can still see you, just seems so wrong somehow..................

Slioch

Guru
[QUOTE 3541850, member: 259"]Have you really, seriously, ever been to a Japanese restaurant?[/QUOTE]

There was a smidgeon of generalisation in my response, and the intention was to amuse rather than inform. I have been to "proper" Japanese restaurants (not just the chains) and the food and the service has always been excellent.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I spent a couple of months in Japan back in my yoof, as a Merchant Navy navigating apprentice.
The busiest restaurant I saw in Yokohama was the golden arches of McDonalds.
Myself and my fellow apprentices used to partake of some local delicacies:

$T2eC16V,!ycFIdU97ZWYBSeU0MMpgg~~60_35.JPG

These are actually far superior to the disgusting Pot Noodle things served up in the UK..

Attachments

• $T2eC16V,!ycFIdU97ZWYBSeU0MMpgg~~60_35.JPG
    $T2eC16V,!ycFIdU97ZWYBSeU0MMpgg~~60_35.JPG
    1.2 KB · Views: 10

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
These are actually far superior to the disgusting Pot Noodle things served up in the UK..
You are Patrick Stevens AICMFP

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Well, I can hand on heart state that was the best meal I have EVER had at a restaurant. Yes it was expensive-ish, but the bottle of warm sake each didn't help reduce cost. We had a platter for starters that included sushi, battered chicken, salmon, pork belly and best of all tempura battered Hake. I had teriyaki spicy beef for main, and my mate had the largest scallops he's ever had. All in a fantastic albeit pricey meal. I will be returning and to hell with the money - you can't take it with you.

stephec

Legendary Member
The only thing guaranteed with a Japanese resteraunt is that your wallet will come back much lighter.
You're not joking!

Ten years ago I went on a free night out at work, well free in that the food was paid for by work and we had to pay for the drinks, to the Teppanyaki in Manchester.

The bar bill for nine people was £260. :ohmy:

Top Bottom