Konichiwa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Another little well known fact about Japanese cuisine. You're not Michael Caine by any chance are you?
Japanese cuisine is a bit arcaine

p.s. Doesn't work with mcaine

And for years I was told it was horseradish but found out it was a different plant altogether.
According to a recent Steven Fry / QI programme most of wasabi sold in UK is horseradish, dyed green. The real stuff takes awhile to produce and is a lot more expensive.

I was taken to a Japanese place in Newcastle a few years back, everything cooked in front of you. Really enjoyed the food but pleased someone else was paying. Chefs party piece was balancing eggs on top of each other.

AndyRM

XOXO
According to a recent Steven Fry / QI programme most of wasabi sold in UK is horseradish, dyed green. The real stuff takes awhile to produce and is a lot more expensive.

I was taken to a Japanese place in Newcastle a few years back, everything cooked in front of you. Really enjoyed the food but pleased someone else was paying. Chefs party piece was balancing eggs on top of each other.

Hana Hana? Kick ass place if so, and well worth the money for the food and entertainment.

andyfraser

Über Member
As there is interest in Japanese cuisine, here is suggestion plus the reviews for Teppanyaki meals. Bring along a couple of friends and pick one of the Teppanyaki set meals from the menu. You will enjoy the performance of the chef, see the fresh food cooked in front and served to be eaten. Each course is cooked and served separately. Enjoy.

http://www.teppanyakileeds.com

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...aki-Leeds_West_Yorkshire_England.html#REVIEWS
I did that at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Excellent experience, excellent food, excellent sake!

Hana Hana? Kick ass place if so, and well worth the money for the food and entertainment.
Could have been but it was a few years ago and as someone else was paying I was
[Rowley Birkin QC]
"very very drunk"
[/Rowley Birkin QC]

Top Bottom