Konichiwa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
That's less than £30 a head... barely a glass of decent claret.
It was all beer, we didn’t even touch the house plonk. :smile:

Back in my day, Sapporo was pretty good.

Now, thats a blast from the past. Not a bad tipple.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I have put my foot in my mouth too many times than I care to remember. Highly appreciated when someone points it out. Ever take a sip from a finger bowl with lemon in it. Done that as well.
I was at a client meeting once which ran into lunchtime. Someone brought in trays of sushi (it was a posh company). I'd never seen wasabi sauce, and assuming it was some kind of green vegetable, took a nice healthy spoonful. I didn't actually cry, but I think steam started coming out of my ears...

I was at a client meeting once which ran into lunchtime. Someone brought in trays of sushi (it was a posh company). I'd never seen wasabi sauce, and assuming it was some kind of green vegetable, took a nice healthy spoonful. I didn't actually cry, but I think steam started coming out of my ears...

Having had my fair share of vindaloo, I took a dollop and had a similar experience. And for years I was told it was horseradish but found out it was a different plant altogether.

I am not sure if this is true but was told that it has some kind of anti-bacterial properties and it is taken as a safeguard by the Japanese for certain food. Note also these are guys that eat the highly toxic fish that only a qualified chef can prepare by law.

Top Bottom