La Vuelta 2017 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We're still not sure if the Alpecin bloke says 'do it for your wives' (which is a bit iffy) or we're hearing it wrong.
Otherwise, great end to the race, ok he's a cheating so and so but I can't begrudge Bertie that win.

Albrey

Is it just me, or did Eurosport manage to miss off the last 1.5km of the 'on demand' coverage... it just ends with 1.5km to go...

So I end up finding out that Contador wins it, while farting around finding alternative coverage. Hey ho.

"you have one job to do" springs to mind...

I'm delighted Froome won his Vuelta, less delighted at Sky dominating two tours.. though fair play to them for, err, being the best.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He says "Not only for you, also for your wives"

But moving on to less important things than the Alpecin ad...

There was a good interview with Froome on radio 5 just now. He's very media savvy so it's hard to tell, but it does seem that his enthusiasm and affection for the Vuelta is genuine, and goes beyond just saying nice things about his indirect employers. It does really seem to be his favourite event.

Counting down the days til Alpecin reveal their 2018 ads.
He also said the fans are much more respectful in Spain than the tdf fans.
This won't help him make friends in future rides up the Alps.
The Spanish police do seem to be far more pro active at keeping the fans away from the riders.

sleaver

Veteran
Surely it must be Sir Froome and SPOTY this time around?
I was thinking about SPOTY a while ago.

If the BBC put Andy Murray on the list, he will probably still win even though he has done nothing this year compared to the previous two.

In other words, the person who is known the most normally wins and though the vast amount of cycling coverage the BBC has, Froome will, well, probably lose out.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Maybe some kind soul will start a SPOTY thread so the rest of us can ignore it more easily

sleaver

Veteran
Just walking around and just came across this random cycling event in Madrid.

Hopefully, considering where I am standing, that is the podium.

IMG_1083.JPG

Got a free cap as well :okay:

sleaver

Veteran
Newsflash....

Been here about 30-40 minutes and they still have roughly 30km before they get here. The woes of trying to get a good spot #bored #fedupofspoty

Can't understand a word being said I've the PA either :laugh:

Top Bottom