Lacking Motivation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Not been out riding apart from commuting for a month :sad:
A combination of shoddy weather, lingering lurgy , work and family have been getting in the way so this morning the forecast was ok till dinner time so just as i stepped out the door a rain shower came over and i gave up before i even started .
Now im in a really bad mood and kicking myself.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Happens to us all. There are times I just couldn't be bothered to get out of thr door for silly reasons and more often then not kick myself later in the day.
But... there is always another day.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Much the same here, as well as my father being in hospital for 10 weeks before he passed away. Exhausted, joint and muscle pains, generally avd from coughing.
I have managed 37 miles this week but took Friday off to make the most of the dry weather.
I’m hoping to get to 2000 miles this year, lowest total for quite a few years (not helped by a 3+ month layoff following knee op in Jan, ensuing heart issues and crappy summer weather).
Hopefully the weather will be kind over the Christmas period and you can get mojo back :smile:

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Same here , haven’t been on the bike since I bailed out of the club run 3 weeks ago . I went down with an absolute stinker of a cold 2 days later , which at least explained why I was struggling to keep up .
Now my regular cycling buddies Mo and Jo have deserted me .
But tomorrow the forecast is dry and sunny.

Slick

Guru
I've been struggling all year, but I've given up giving myself a hard time about it and will look to get back into it in January.

Most of my bikes are in need of some Tlc, so I'm on holiday this week so might spend some time in the garage to see if that sparks some interest.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Same here , haven’t been on the bike since I bailed out of the club run 3 weeks ago . I went down with an absolute stinker of a cold 2 days later , which at least explained why I was struggling to keep up .
Now my regular cycling buddies Mo and Jo have deserted me .
But tomorrow the forecast is dry and sunny.

Not had anyone to ride with for a similar time which really makes it hard to get out there this time of year doesnt it ? TBH i still have green snot after nearly 3 weeks so its maybe wise i didnt go out but FFS when your so used to doing it then what else to do ?
Im knocking around 6500 miles for the year so far and i was aiming for more like 7500 .

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Unless you are a pro, or riding in Australia, the November and December months are traditionally a resting and recovery time. Come Jan 1st, then we all hit the road(sometimes literally) and start there road back to fitness.

In need to get the metric century in for this month so im running out of time

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

I read “lingerie lurgy” instead of “lingering”😳 i thought no wonder you don’t want to get on a bike.

whatever floats ya boat !
1702208415791.jpeg

Top Bottom