Lacking Motivation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
In need to get the metric century in for this month so im running out of time

More than 2/3rds of the month left. You’ve still got time.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I lost motivation for cycling this year. Checked back Strava to see I haven’t ridden since August. Mix of poor weather at times, the state of our roads and the ever increasing traffic.

I got a Wattbike on Monday and have done 70 miles on that so far. Better than nothing I suppose and enjoying the novelty of using Zwift. Maybe if it gets the cycling legs back, it will make me feel more like tackling outdoor rides again in the spring.

13 rider

Guru
For me Zwift is now my go to in bad weather ,but instead of steady miles zwift is a short sub 1 hour smash fest , just done a full gas 2.5km uphill race after 30 mins warm up enough for me today . Thankfully I have got a turbo permanently set up so can just hop on when I feel likeit

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I dont have the room to set up permanently, it goes in the kitchen when i can do it with the laptop on the upturned washing up bowl with the back door open and door to the rest of the house shut .

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Another one hit by 2 big bouts of illnesses (bad viruses beginning of the year and Covid in October) coupled with some 'extreme' weather this year, mileage down significantly.

We can always focus on what we've not done (like never ending to do lists...) or what we have done (ta done list) - your still getting the Commuting (& base Miles) there'll be more good Miles to come and important reminder 'Rest = Recovery' and that's maybe what your body is telling you.

simongt

Guru
The cold, damp; a peculiarity of these islands, winters doesn't help motivation for anything physical. Apparently, it's minus 15 in southern Latvia just now, but as most eastern Europeans will tell you, it's a dry cold, so less 'penetrating'. :whistle:
I've not been out any distance by bike for weeks, but still get round the city on my Brommy, so that helps a lot. :okay:
Still doing my two days a week with the TCV; plenty of physical work pretty much regardless of the weather, so that's another motivator. :rolleyes:
Keeping 'to do' lists short; mine are on a daily basis helps as they become achievable rather than great long ones for whatever time period.

nagden

Über Member
I had 2 weeks off the bike following a really nasty bug. Last Sunday I forced myself out. The ride started cold and got worse and after my usual coffee the rain stated to freeze on the roads. I crawled home in a frozen state. Glad I did it’s got better all week and today was my best ride for ages.

Jameshow

Veteran
Not ridden since last weekend which was a very cold one.

Wet and windy today and not feeling great tbh

Next week hopefully might be better as going down south on the weekend.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
In need to get the metric century in for this month so im running out of time

Same here. Second weekend running I had a 100k route planned, bike prepped, alarm went off and I just couldn't be arsed on Saturday morning. Rain didn't help.

Instead I had an extra hour in bed and then spent a couple of hours on the turbo going up some imaginary col in the imaginary sunshine. (Portugal yesterday)

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Same here. Second weekend running I had a 100k route planned, bike prepped, alarm went off and I just couldn't be arsed on Saturday morning. Rain didn't help.

Instead I had an extra hour in bed and then spent a couple of hours on the turbo going up some imaginary col in the imaginary sunshine. (Portugal yesterday)

Today instead I have been to the tip ,nipped to the shops ,put up a whiteboard,cleaned the fish tank out washed the bike helped mini ck2 with homework and had a nap

Top Bottom